Creating link to edit a record from Grid
In this tutorial is demonstrated how to create a link between a grid and a form. Using a link the record is directly open to edit from the grid. ScriptCase Grid applications has a built-in search feature, it is very useful to find a record using the grid´s search feature and when needed edit it using the link.
Creating Grid and Form Applications.
1. Create a new form application using employees table. Define the app name to grid16_1.
2. Now, click in Generate Source icon in ScriptCase main toolbar.
3. Create a new grid application using employees table. Define the app name to grid16.
Creating a new Link between grid and form
4. Open Links folder in menu, and click on New Link
5. Choose Application as link type and click on Next
6. Choose grid16_1 form and click on Next
7. Define the primary key to be sent to the form grid16_1. Choose Field option and select the field EmployeeID. Click on Next to continue.
8. The last step is to set Link properties. Set the option "Modal" in "Link Operation Mode" property then set Yes to "Display button (new row) on the grid toolbar" property and click on Save.
9. Click on the button "Run application".
Click on the button below to see the application running.