Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble with oracle connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trouble with oracle connection

    I did a new install of scriptcase on a Ubunt0 12.04.3 LTS server on top of xampp (64bit).

    Oracle-instant Client 11.2.0.4.0-2 is installed

    SQLPlus works and a short sample test.php works like a charm.


    PHP Code:
    <?php

    // Connects to the XE service (i.e. database) on the "localhost" machine
    $conn oci_connect('user''pwd''sid');
    if (!
    $conn) {
        
    $e oci_error();
        
    trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message'], ENT_QUOTES), E_USER_ERROR);
    }

    $stid oci_parse($conn'SELECT * FROM boerse');
    oci_execute($stid);

    echo 
    "<table border='1'>\n";
    while (
    $row oci_fetch_array($stidOCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) {
        echo 
    "<tr>\n";
        foreach (
    $row as $item) {
            echo 
    "    <td>" . ($item !== null htmlentities($itemENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;") . "</td>\n";
        }
        echo 
    "</tr>\n";
    }
    echo 
    "</table>\n";

    ?>
    But if i try to create an connection to the same as above via scriptcase it does not work.
    If press test connection it never comes back.

    Both oracle 8 and oracle 8.05 has the same problem

    Any hints?

    thanks in advance

    bigwasp

  • #2
    I hope that this link is helpful to you although I'm aware of the fact that this is not a linux hosting.

    http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...nnection-Error
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, this did not help.
      I did not get an error message, the request on test-connection seems to go into nirvana.

      Is there an way to get more info's what is going on within scriptcase?

      Setting the Log level to debug or info?

      bigwap
      Originally posted by aducom View Post
      I hope that this link is helpful to you although I'm aware of the fact that this is not a linux hosting.

      http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...nnection-Error

      Comment


      • #4
        Oracle 8 is no longer supported as a database version. Are you running the test php script on the same server/machine as the one where ScriptCase is installed?

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry we are not talking about oracle 8, we are talking about the OCI connection type Oracle 8 or Oracle 8.05 !
          We are using Oracle version 11 and it works with the scipt i posted.

          I had found the Problem while remote support from scriptcase!

          We are using large servers/clusters with the same SID.
          - Scriptcase tries to get all schemas/tables/views which are on the same SID (This is wrong)

          Scriptcase schould only display the tables and views from the schema

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bigwasp View Post
            Sorry we are not talking about oracle 8, we are talking about the OCI connection type Oracle 8 or Oracle 8.05 !
            We are using Oracle version 11 and it works with the scipt i posted.

            I had found the Problem while remote support from scriptcase!

            We are using large servers/clusters with the same SID.
            - Scriptcase tries to get all schemas/tables/views which are on the same SID (This is wrong)

            Scriptcase schould only display the tables and views from the schema
            Not sure if it would solve the issue, but loading all tables in oracle takes a huge time. Go to advanced options while defining your connection and define an appropiate filter.
            Albert Drent
            aducom software netherlands
            scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
            www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

            Comment


            • #7
              I have talked with the support.

              The problem is Oracle is special an not so easy as Mysql and..

              In my Opinion it did not make sense to read all tables like mysql [show tables]

              Oracle has Schemas like an folder on an normal OS

              So reading all the SCHEMAS is a hell for Clusters or large servers.

              So the select schould do something like this

              select owner, table_name from all_tables where owner = 'HOST';

              Where owner is the User = Schema name.
              Scriptcase reads thru all schemas and collects tables and or Views, but only some of them are accessible by the user.

              select owner, table_name from all_tables where owner = SCHEMA';

              Originally posted by aducom View Post
              Not sure if it would solve the issue, but loading all tables in oracle takes a huge time. Go to advanced options while defining your connection and define an appropiate filter.

              Comment


              • #8

                select owner, table_name from all_tables where owner = SCHEMA';
                That's why I advised to set a filter. That's how we limit the scriptcase search. We too run on Oracle.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

                Comment

                Working...
                X