Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delete / Remove a Field from the Form application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The best approach would be to share mantis with the community. But I know that Mantis is maintained in Portuguese. An option could be to post confirmed bugs in a separate list and keep track of solutions. If that's a problem I don't mind to maintain this on our communitysite. If users are willing to share the bugs/issues I can realise this list and communicate with SC. I've had a lot of discussions regarding support with SC staff. I know that they are working hard to improve support, but I can see the users argues as i have (had) similar experiences. I agree on the part that SC is a great product, but that support is simply not good enough. I know that you are doing your best and we are trying too, but if SC is able to put it up to a high degree then you have *the best* product.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

    Comment


    • #17
      I just ran into this problem myself, in Scriptcase v7. I created a form that took me quite a while to get perfected. Then I realized the table it references in the database contained a redundant field, called parent_id. It's redundant because there's also a field called sequence_id that does the same thing only more elegantly. So I deleted parent_id from the table. It broke the form. I now get a SQL error when attempting to run the perfected form. I cannot modify the SQL to exclude the field. Am I now stuck recreating the entire form because of this bug?

      Comment


      • #18
        I'm not sure if it will help, but what kind of sql error do you get? Look at the sql entry to see if the right fields are still primary key. Sometimes this get's broken causing different kind of problems. I assume you have not forgotten to synchronize (application -> synchronise)?
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

        Comment


        • #19
          delete `application forms/grids`

          Originally posted by madikonda View Post
          I am aware of this function and it is not suitable for the current task, because script case form's application is still phrasing these fields, even if the fields are hidden. Let me explain my problem.

          There is a BUG in scriptcase which interfers with my project. I have lots of fields in my table that have the word _type at the end of the field name "attachment_type", "id_type" and etc. I cannot rename these fields as another software (third party properitary software) uses the same table as well.

          if these field names are present in the table then script case does not run the forms application. The grid application works well.

          The only way to bypass the bug in script forms application is to change the field name or remove from the table - both actions unsuitable.

          The other idea was to hide the field name from being used in the form application, which is where this post started for.

          I see that we can use the database dictionary - can we untick the field tpo hide a field as well?

          Thanks for your time
          i agree not to be able to wipe an application away ( a form or a grid ) and start again is a flaw in the design of this application.
          only off shore developers would do such a thing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by madikonda View Post
            I am aware of this function and it is not suitable for the current task, because script case form's application is still phrasing these fields, even if the fields are hidden. Let me explain my problem.

            There is a BUG in scriptcase which interfers with my project. I have lots of fields in my table that have the word _type at the end of the field name "attachment_type", "id_type" and etc. I cannot rename these fields as another software (third party properitary software) uses the same table as well.

            if these field names are present in the table then script case does not run the forms application. The grid application works well.

            The only way to bypass the bug in script forms application is to change the field name or remove from the table - both actions unsuitable.

            The other idea was to hide the field name from being used in the form application, which is where this post started for.

            I see that we can use the database dictionary - can we untick the field tpo hide a field as well?

            Thanks for your time
            I know It's years old this thread. Did it get fixed??? I've never encounter this bug (nor I have a table field that's named as you mention) but maybe, if the bug stills there, you could work around it by creating a "view" in MySQL in where you just take the columns you need from that original table, changing the names of the problematic ones and then constructing the scriptcase app from the view instead of the original table.

            This way, MySQL handles the inserts, updates and Selects inside the VIEW definition, and Scriptcase just do it's thing
            Best Regards

            Daniel Salcedo
            • Software & Hardware developer
            • Photography enthusiast
            • Ultimate Frisbee lover

            Comment

            Working...
            X