PHP Methods and passing parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Methods and passing parameters

I have created a PHP Method in a form to test certain fields on the form to enable/disble some buttons. Problem is that I cannot access the field values by {field}. The values are always empty. I can however make a button visible/unvisible in the method. How do I get access to the formfields? I don't want to pass every field in the procedure parameter list.

I tried to set a field to a global using the save variable, but the fieldname assigned cannot be used in the method because it generates an error 'global variable ... not found'.

I can however set a global and use that in the method. But then I have to create a global variable for every field and manually assign the formvalue to it???? I hope not...
    Last edited by aducom; 01-09-2013, 05:53 AM.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Hi,
    could it be that you are calling your method in the OnScriptInit-Event? That would be before your SQL statement is executed. Did you try the OnLoad or the OnNavigate events?

jsb

Comment

No, I'm calling it in an ajax event. The record is displayed, then I click on a radiobutton, the event goes off and fields are empty...
      Albert Drent

Comment

Well... I'm trying to reproduce the behaviour with no success. Is the radio button linked to a field in the table, are you using manual or automatic lookup, what event you are using (click/change...), are you doing anything else in your method but checking for values???? So many questions! :-)
        And I have the most stupid answer for you: It's working here!

jsb

Comment

I have two tabs with data. I have hidden the submitbutton. I have ajax events on radiobuttons. These radiobuttons are showing and hiding groups of data depending on it's status. In these events I call my phpmethod to check on fields if they have values and if so the submitbutton is unhidden. So the form is in input mode. If I check in the ajax event things work right. If I do so in the phpmethod then I cannot use the fieldvariables as they are empty. I have now added the fields in the parameter header of the php method which works. But I expected that the fields where accessable from the method.
          Albert Drent

Comment

Hi,
            I tried to reproduce the error with a similar set up like yours but again it was working as expected. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

jsb

Comment

Yes, somethings things are obscure. I'll try on a test project to see how things goes. I managed by adding the {variables} to the function parameter list. But it's good to know that it should work. Thanks.
              Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
              X