Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to hide o show a column of a editable grid view ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to hide o show a column of a editable grid view ?

Is there a workaround to hide or show a column making for istance making a test over a field content ... if something show else hide ?
    It's not logic .
    For istance It could be nice to have a button on the header that say "Show / Hide col X".
    The problem is how to make the code that changes the display of the editable grid view adding o hiding a column
    Many thanks

Hi,
    how about a javascript button with this code:

var table = document.getElementById('hidden_bloco_0'); //table-id
    var c_label = document.getElementsByClassName('scFormLabelOddMul t'); // get the table header
    var r_count = table.rows.length; // anzahl records
    var c_status = c_label[3].style.display; // status of column header (3rd column in this case)
    if(c_status == "none")
    {
    c_status = "";
    }
    else
    {
    c_status = "none";
    }

c_label[3].style.display = c_status; // set header hide/show

for(var i = 1; i < r_count; i++)
    {
    var feld = document.getElementById('hidden_field_data_yourfie ldname_'+i); // get the field
    feld.style.display = c_status; // set field hide/show
    }

Hope this helps
    jsb
    Last edited by jsbinca; 09-01-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hi jsb,

thanks so much for your proposal. The problem is that I'm a power user and not a programmer so it seems to me a little hard to implement.
      Could you please explain what these first two lines do and what I have to substitute in my form ? My Master Details DB table names are "events" & "events_rows".
      The column I have to hide/show is within 'events_rows' form called 'form_events_rows' and the column name is 'external_subscriber' and it's the 3rd field on details form.

var table = document.getElementById('hidden_bloco_0'); //table-id
      var c_label = document.getElementsByClassName("scFormLabelOddMul t); // get the table header

and this
      var feld = document.getElementById('hidden_field_data_pen_tex t_'+i); // get the field

Many thanks

Comment

Hi giovannino,
        what this piece of code does is iterate through your table and switch on/off the required field.
        So keep in mind it may be a bit slow on big tables.

The first line is to identify the table in which to hide/show the column and SC uses 'hidden_bloco_0', but you can double check by viewing the page source in your browser.
        The second line is to identify the header line of your table (you have to Hide/show it separately). Again SC uses 'scFormLabelOddMult' for it.
        So for those two lines you don't have to substitute anything.

In
        var feld = document.getElementById('hidden_field_data_pan_tex t_'+i) you identify the exact field/column in your table to show/hide. The variable i defines the actual row while you are iterating through the table.

In your case the line should read

var feld = document.getElementById('hidden_field_data_externa l_subscriber'+i);

Oh, and for the column count, don't forget to count the field with the edit/delete icon. :-)
        So in your case it's probably c_label[4].style.display

Take care
        jsb

Comment

Working...
        X