Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to save a mail reference and its text in a field (as a record of act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to save a mail reference and its text in a field (as a record of act

Hi ,
    I'm wondering wich is the best way to save a mail reference on a form where I want to save backoffice activities done.
    For istance I phoned and I sent a mail. How can I record the mail ?
    I don't know if there is a trick or something else to do that in the right way. Probably user want to use Outlook.

The worst way could be to create a tinyblob field and save there a clipboard hardscreen. (Is it possible...?? without saving it before ?).

If you send a mail you could let that mail be send by scriptcase app. Then you simply can store it as text in your db. To retrieve the mail you need to implement a pop client. I wouldn't start working with hard-copies I think, but it might be that you cannot avoid that. There are a lot of php samples to retrieve email.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Unfortunately it's not possible. The company email solution is only Outlook .. no alternatives.
      Are you saying that could be an add on of Outlook that store the mail content in somewhere ?

Comment

Only outlook? Even outlook needs a (mail)host. Or is all tied to an Exchange server?
        Albert Drent

Comment

I don't really has any info about that but they are an Hospital and so I imagine a standard intallation.

Comment

Useually even a hospital has a smtp for sending mail and pop/imap for retrieving. These settings are stored in the outlook account section. What might be an issue is that they will have their mailserver protected for connections of a webserver. In general, if you are creating an application for a customer like a hospital (i write medical apps too) then you should go into contact of the it dept. I managed to work around these issues by negotiating with the it dept of the customer (hospital/medical facility etc).
            Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
            X