Return after inserting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return after inserting...

In my application, the "Return after inserting" in -> application -> navigation when it is set to "yes" still generates a new record and does not go in edit mode.
    To mention that I use blocks in the form (mainly for the lay-out) and the orientation (under settings) is "single record"

With a new generated form in the same application it works. So there should be a difference, but what is it?

How to solve this. Can I do this with code....? Very important for me..

Regards, Bert Steinebach

Hi Bert, sometimes things get messed up. You can put a lot of hours into it to find the reason, best way generally is to start the form again and copy-paste event code if it exists. Don't delete the failing module and use the same name because not all is deleted somehow. Just create a new app under a different name.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Albert,

I followed your advise.....its working fine now.....but you will agree it's not the most beauty way

Regards Bert Steinebach

Comment

Bert, I am not an employee from Scriptcase, just a reseller. If I was in charge a lot of things would change. But I have to do with the product as it is and can only give advise how to do things best. I don't like beautiful solutions, I like working solutions. (is the slogan of aducom software ;-)
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Albert, this remark is not ment to upset you. You helped me getting working the solution. Thank you for that. But as a technician I donot know the reason. Thats why.
          But perhaps somebody of the compagny reacts
          Regards, Bert

Comment

Working...
          X