Print button on Print Friendly page?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print button on Print Friendly page?

If I put a Print button on the toolbar and the user clicks it, they are given a new window with no browser toolbar. From there, they need to press CTRL+P to print the document. As obvious as this is to you and me, my users are confused. How can I add a Print button or automatically show the Print dialog box as most sites do?

Thanks!

One option is to use a small piece of javascript, window.print() and assign that to the button.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Is there some place in ScriptCase where I can add that to all of the print friendly pages or do I need to try to find it in the generated source and edit it manually (probably for each application)? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
        Is there some place in ScriptCase where I can add that to all of the print friendly pages or do I need to try to find it in the generated source and edit it manually (probably for each application)? Thanks!
        just create a button and select javascript as type and print as label.
        Albert Drent

Comment

Sorry, I don't see any place within ScriptCase where I can add a button to the print-friendly page... any tips? Thanks!

Comment

If you have a print-friendly page you need to have some kind of header to put a button in. If you only have a clear echo screen then you don't have much options beside the print function within the browser.
            Albert Drent

Comment

I'm talking about the Print button that ScriptCase creates... ScriptCase is generating the Print-friendly page. What happens when you click the Print button in your ScriptCase application? It sounds like you may not be seeing the same thing that I do...

Comment

I think we do things differently, so yes... If I click on my button the print dialog appears.
                Albert Drent

Comment

I wish mine did.

I'll open another ticket. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X