No announcement yet.

sc_redir passing and receiving parameter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right and very logical. sc_redir does - as the name says - a redir, it handles the control over to another php application. It's not a call to a procedure. This is standard php and the real thing would be to use global variables like:

sc_redir(gridb,returnto=myapp.php);

in your called application (not modal, I haven't tested that)

sc_redir([returnto], retrieved={myvalue});
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Since all Scriptcase apps are based on database, I'm finish this like:
      1. Before sc_redir, create a key(like a GUID) and pass that key to the sc_redir as a parameter;
      2. On the redired page, write to a table with a key passed in (that GUID);
      3. After return to the origin page, search the table with the key(that GUID) and do the next step;

That's my solution.

Comment

To avoid data garbage you can consider using a temporary table. Personally I would go for my option as you can serialize an array of data into a single variable.
        Albert Drent

Comment

I was hopping to find my answer here based upon the question. Please advise:
          I have the following that calls an SMS API, which returns a Result either 1 (successful) or -1 (unsuccessful).

sc_redir(https://abc.com/trigger_sms.php?phone=$phone&msg=$message,"","");

How do I get the result into a variable please?

Comment

This is not the way to go. sc_redir will pass control to another url, it is not a function call. A right way might be:

$myresultg = file_get_contents("https://abc.com/trigger_sms.php?phone=$phone&msg=$message,'',''");
            Albert Drent

Comment

Thanks Albert
              Just about there. I got it to work but the value of $message (which is a text message message), only the 1st characters are being sent. I tried looking up file_get_contents(), but didn't quite understand how to apply $maxlen (that's what i thought the problem was). So I tried another example shown in the help and that is as per below. Unfortunately that still only sent through the 1st 2 characters of $message
              $myresultg = file_get_contents("https://abc.com/trigger_sms.php?phone=$phone&msg=$message",NULL, NULL, 0, 255);

Your guidance here is very much appreciated.

Larry

Comment

maybe you should urlencode the message

Comment

Excellent, it worked. Thanks a bunch

Comment

Working...
                  X