Multi Upload (Size Limit) ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

This message is because tha object is not defined, in fact.

You need to change the code as is shown next:

Code:
    if (isset ($this->SC_IMG_ImageField))
    	{
              $Size=1024;//Size in KB
              $FieldName=$this->SC_IMG_ImageField;
              $NamF='uploaded file';// just for message error handling, usefull when u have many images in separated fields
      	  $error_test    = filesize($FieldName) > ($Size*1000);    // Error test
    	  $error_message = 'The size of '.$NamF.' must be less than '.$Size.'KB.'; // Error message

// Redirection
    	  if ($error_test)
    	  {
    	 	sc_error_message($error_message);
    		sc_error_exit();// note that many procedures can be disabled using  the exit error procedure
    	  }
    	 }
    I hope it can be helpfull 4 u

Comment

yes, that made me upload without need to fill the non-required field ok,

but also accepts size more than 5 mb!! i put the size i put in the code is 2048 which is 2 mb

Comment

can you send more info about the code you are using?? maybe screenshoots also??

Comment

hi welectronic,

it is exactly as you provided, accepts the field if it is not required, but also allows all sizes to be uploaded! can anyone confirm if this code works for him regarding putting size for uploaded size for specefic fields? because for me it works, but then it checks the field all the time, i have this field "not required" so if left empty gives that error said before, and if put as given example it works.... then after your second fix, it doesn't throw an error if the field is not filled, but also doesn't prevent the maximum size!

Comment

I've done some changes because of the validation process:

ScreenShot 2.jpg

as u see in the image above it works for requiered and not requiered fields.

this is the code i'm using rgt now:

Code:
            /**************************************************************
            *********** Control de tamaņo de la evidencia *****************
            ************ Evento: onValidate solo minusculas ***************
            ***************************************************************/
            $rutadoc = $this->Ini->path_doc."/R".[region]."/Acceso/".[radicadoacceso]."/TallerMto/";
            $rutaimg = $this->Ini->root .$this->Ini->path_imagens."/R".[region]."/Acceso/".[radicadoacceso]."/TallerMto/";

if (isset($this->evformato))
            {
            	peso(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evformato),'formato SC006');//
            }

if (isset($this->evlistaasistencia))
            {
            	peso(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evlistaasistencia),'lista de asistencia');//
            }

if (isset($this->evfotosticker))
            {
            	peso(1024,$rutaimg.trim($this->evfotosticker),'fotografia sticker');//
            }

if (isset($this->evfotoaviso))
            {
            	peso(1024,$rutaimg.trim($this->evfotoaviso),'fotografia aviso informativo');//
            }

if (isset($this->evgarantiaprimernivel))
            {
            	peso(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evgarantiaprimernivel),'formato garantia primer nivel');//
            }

*********************** Fin del evento ************************
            sorry 4 the spanish code but i don't have enough time, the path "/R".[region]."/Acceso/".[radicadoacceso]."/TallerMto/"; obeys to subfolder created dynamically as subfolder attribute (/R[region]/Acceso/[radicadoacceso]/TallerMto)

posted next the function "peso" code:

Code:
            function peso ($Tamano,$Evidencia,$NomEv)
            		{
            			if (isset ($Evidencia))
            			{	
            	 			$error_test    = filesize($Evidencia) > ($Tamano*1000);    // Error test
            	 			$error_message = 'El tamaņo de la evidencia '.$NomEv.' debe ser menor o igual a '.$Tamano.'KB.'; // Error message

// Redirection
            	 			if ($error_test)
            	  			{

}
            			}

}
            good look!!
            Last edited by welectronic; 09-03-2014, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Thank you welectronic, i know you tried hard, thanks for your time

will try to understand this and apply accordingly

meanwhile, perhaps some Spanish guys add notes to make it more clear for everybody

Giu!?

Comment

I was invoked?

When will stay in front of a PC I will translate the Spanish words.
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

Code:
                  function size($size,$filepath,$nomev)
                  		{
                  			if (isset ($filepath))
                  			{	
                  	 			$error_test    = filesize($filepath) > ($size*1000);    // Error test
                  	 			$error_message = 'Size of File '.$NomEv.' myst be lower or equal to '.$size.'KB.'; // Error message

// Redirection
                  	 			if ($error_test)
                  	  			{

}
                  			}

}
                  Basically this function receives the max size (in KB), the filepath of the file, and a name. It checks if file is greater than the size passed as parameter, and if it is, throw an error.
                  sc_error_message shows an error and cancel the operation of the event.

Code:
                  *********** Size control of a file*****************
                  ************ Event: onValidate just lowercase ***************
                  $rutadoc = $this->Ini->path_doc."/R".[region]."/Acceso/".[radicadoacceso]."/TallerMto/";
                  $rutaimg = $this->Ini->root .$this->Ini->path_imagens."/R".[region]."/Acceso/".[radicadoacceso]."/TallerMto/";

if (isset($this->evformato))
                  {
                  	size(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evformato),'formato SC006');//
                  }

if (isset($this->evlistaasistencia))
                  {
                  	size(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evlistaasistencia),'lista de asistencia');//
                  }

if (isset($this->evfotosticker))
                  {
                  	size(1024,$rutaimg.trim($this->evfotosticker),'fotografia sticker');//
                  }

if (isset($this->evfotoaviso))
                  {
                  	size(1024,$rutaimg.trim($this->evfotoaviso),'fotografia aviso informativo');//
                  }

if (isset($this->evgarantiaprimernivel))
                  {
                  	size(1024,$rutadoc.trim($this->evgarantiaprimernivel),'formato garantia primer nivel');//
                  }

*********************** Fin del evento ************************
                  Here, it calls the previous function to check every file, and if some of them is greater than 1MB, save operation will not be executed. Third parameter, as I mentioned, it's just a string to show in error message, for this reason I didn't translated.
                  /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thank you Giu, will try that to see if prevents upload size for one field, although I see it too much for one field limit the size of the uploaded image! looks scary

thanks dude

Comment

Originally posted by itsme3 View Post
                      Thank you Giu, will try that to see if prevents upload size for one field, although I see it too much for one field limit the size of the uploaded image! looks scary

thanks dude
                      This will not prevent. PHP is server side, first must be uploaded, and once uploaded it can check the size. If you wants to check before upload, you must do it via JS. Something similar to this.
                      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...ize-validation
                      Code:
                      <form action="upload" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">

Upload image:
                          <input id="image-file" type="file" name="file" />
                          <input type="submit" value="Upload" />

<script type="text/javascript">
                              $('#image-file').bind('change', function() {
                                  alert('This file size is: ' + this.files[0].size/1024/1024 + "MB");
                              });
                          </script>

</form>
                      /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

oh you confuse me more now, actually it was working when first the guy put for us the code, it was preventing ok, but i had the image field "not required" so i tried to define it as if empty or if !== null, also using isset but didn't work, so he changed the code and there i was lost

Comment

I didn't readed all the thread carefully sorry, but the only way to prevent to upload the file, is do it client side.

PHP runs on server side, and to check the size, file must be uploaded first. Once uploaded, you can check, delete, modify and whatever you want on this file. The only way to prevents the file to start uploading to the server, is do the check of size on client side with JS
                          /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

SC uploads the file to a temp folder first, and save the name to "$this->SC_IMG_FieldName" (for images) or "$this->SC_DOC_FieldName" (for docs) var, as Giu says it only works if the file is uploaded before, but checking the file size before it be saved to the file folder, can work fine.

by the other side, try to match the js code exposed previously with SC, can be a real headache
                            Last edited by welectronic; 09-07-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

At last... what happened.. thread closed or still opened??

Comment

Working...
                              X