Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send an email after submitting a form

Hi there!

I'm trying to create a form that acts as a user registration.

The form has basic registration fields like first name, last name, email address, etc.

On the table itself, there is an auto increment field that acts as a unique ID number for the user.

What I would like to have happen is....after the user submits the form, an email is sent to whatever email address they entered into the form that says something like:

"Hi, [firstname][lastname], your user ID is [databaseidnumber]. Please keep it in a safe place."

I see that there is a template under form "Events" called "Sent a simple email" and it looks very much like what I would like to do, but I am not sure how to modify it to reference the info that the user enters in the form instead of fixed values.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I'm a little bit stuck right now.

Thanks!! : D

Hey Seth,

What you could is create a blank application and redirect after the user submits.

In this application you should use sc_mail_send().
    What you could do is pass the variables(firstname, lastname, etc.) as globals and use them in the mail or select them from your database using a query and sc_lookup.

Hope this helped you!

Comment

Working...
    X