Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editable grid form with previous year and budget data on two lines

Dear ,
    I'm wondering how build a form with two line of data for each row.
    I need to present , as suggestion for budget data entry, the values of revenues of previous year in a line and below
    an empty line where to entry the forecast budget data.
    Where there is a final balance of previous year I have to show both. Where not ... only the budget data entry cells.
    Simplyfing a lot something like that....

YEAR2014___ITEM001________20.000
    BDGT2015___ITEM001________ ?????

YEAR2014___ITEM002________50.000
    BDGT2015___ITEM002________ ?????

YEAR2014___ITEM003________14.000
    BDGT2015___ITEM003________ ?????

Probably there is a more intelligent way..... ;-) but I've no ideas... in this moment.
    Thanks

I don't think that's possible. The only way I can think of is to add custum label field and apply html into that so you can master the data yourself in a onrecord event...
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hello Albert.
      My thought was to create a very long table with all columns both for budget and consolidate data (product data...dimensions...12 cols for bdg and 12 cols for consolidate data).
      Then make a sql that update all consolidate data reading from an Excel or other source the previous year data.
      Once did that try to have a 2 line form with upper the budget data to entry and below the not editable consolidate data.
      I think it could be possible in some way but I can't imagine the alignment and other problems I can fance.... ;-(

I did also a try using Google sheets . All works but the data entry for sales force is not so clear and easy... ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by giovannino View Post
        Hello Albert.
        My thought was to create a very long table with all columns both for budget and consolidate data (product data...dimensions...12 cols for bdg and 12 cols for consolidate data).
        Then make a sql that update all consolidate data reading from an Excel or other source the previous year data.
        Once did that try to have a 2 line form with upper the budget data to entry and below the not editable consolidate data.
        I think it could be possible in some way but I can't imagine the alignment and other problems I can fance.... ;-(

I did also a try using Google sheets . All works but the data entry for sales force is not so clear and easy... ;-(
        I think that the options in SC are limited for this. Another approach might be to make use of a popup which shows the status per selected record. Then you can try to limit the information in one line and then make a link for the popup. You could start with a grid and since you can format that completely manually you might come close to what you want to achieve.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

So you need three lines repeated? Of which some are editable and others are not...
          So basically create a table with the needed columns and a line number column.
          Then fill the table (from some php code you make) line by line with the 3rd line being empty.
          So now you have:
          Code:
          YEAR2014    ITEM001  20.000
          BDGT2015    ITEM001  ?????
          ________    _______  ______
          But leave the columns as varchar.
          Sort the lines on line number.

1st solution:
          Catch the OnChange,get the line nr, if it is line x or x+1 then get the data back from the database and put it in the field back (use AjaxOnChange).
          except when it is line x+1 field 3 (the ????)
          if it is line x+2 then fully allow the AjaxOnChange on the line, so do not get the data back from the database.

2nd possible solution:
          Add php code on the OnBeforeUpdate that puts the old data for line x and x+1 back in the field.
          Or/and use OnLoadRecord to generate javascript that blocks changes on every line x and x+1 (except the last field of x+1).

At least this is how I would try it....

Comment

Working...
          X