No announcement yet.

being able to update selected records with a single value

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being able to update selected records with a single value

I sent this to support already but did not get a useable response.
    Here is the situation.
    I have a grid that will generate a listing of all uninvoiced records.
    I want to click the records I want to associate with an invoice and write the invoice number to the database.
    Issue is that I need for the user to enter in a value of the invoice.

They gave me the response, but the problem is it isnt something hard coded, behind the application, it is entered by the user.

I tried creating a new field called invoice number, but you cant edit the field, and I would like to have it on the top of the screen, so you have to enter it once and when you process.

I was thinking maybe some kind of popup field when you click the a button to enter the invoice number.
    Then another button to process the records if the invoice field isnt blank.

Any ideas?

Just an idea. Not sure if it will work for you. To process the selected records is not a real issue I guess, there's a movie on the SC website for that. Your problem is that you cannot have an edit field on grid forms. Now there are several things I would try to do. First, create a control application, let the user enter the invoice number and link to the gridapplication. If you make this invoice number a global variable, you can apply this to your select showing all applicable records.
    Another option might be to create some master-detail and apply the detail on the same screen. (When creating the link use the option iframe). Then you have a custom field on your master which is used (again as global) for the sql statement. Does this help you?
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development /