Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V7 what has to be set-up to export to PDF ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am having the same problem. Unable to export graph images in PDF report. I have support case since long and till now have no solution...
    Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by eliaskho View Post
      Hi, I am having the same problem. Unable to export graph images in PDF report. I have support case since long and till now have no solution...
      Regards,
      Hello,

Let's not confuse exporting PDFs with PDF Report applications.

Are you unable to export any kind of GRID to PDFs? Or does it just happens when there is an image to be exported? Also, besides from the image not being exported, does the rest of the information gets exported?

regards,
      Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Comming back to the problem of exporting a grid to pdf ...

1.) The SQL-statement is like: SELECT... ,sum(...) as ... FROM ... LEFT OUTER JOIN ... ON ... = ... LEFT OUTER JOIN ... ON ... = ... WHERE 1>0 group by ... ORDER BY ..., ...
        so, I would not call it a simple grid to export to pdf. It has three tables combined with joins, a group by and order by part.
        I will try to test it with other "simple" grids and report it ...

... tried it, but sure you do not want to hear it. It looks more worst. For simple grids I get: "The requested URL /folder_name/_lib/tmp/sc_pdf_20130228102844_87_grid_0815.pdf was not found on this server." The .css,.html and the .log file are available in the /tmp folder. For now, I have to say the problem was less in V 7.00.0001 than in V 7.00.0003, cause the simple grids worked to export in the older version.

2.) it is linux, on both tested webserver. But I think it will be impossible to install libxrender to it.
        every folder and file in that /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf is set to 777 (has execution rights)

BR

Eric

Comment

Hi Bernhard,

Originally posted by bartho View Post
          The second found out that he wasn't able to generate PDFs because he hadn't set EXECUTION permission to /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64
          755 on _lib/prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-i386/wkhtmltopdf-i386 fix the problem for me . Thank you ...

@Eric: 755 on the file, not the directory ...
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Hi Reinhard,

not to misunderstand that, you set 777 on the folder and 755 on the file?
            I tried the settings 777 on the folder and on the file as well as 755 on folder and on the file. Both did not work.

BR

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

Originally posted by EricB View Post
              not to misunderstand that, you set 777 on the folder and 755 on the file?
              no. After (fresh) deploy with .3 the folder (linux-i386) has 755, the file 744 ... I set the file to 755 and the pdf is generated.

Comment

OK, I will check that, but do not think this will effect at the end. I set the permission not only to 755 but 777. On my webserver, the file was set to 644, but I cannot do the deploy directly to the webserver, cause since .1, this is no longer working to me. I am not able to do the configuration after a fresh installation. I have to install it first to my testing server and after that I can put it file by file to the production webserver.

Comment

Originally posted by EricB View Post
                  OK, I will check that, but do not think this will effect at the end. I set the permission not only to 755 but 777. On my webserver, the file was set to 644, but I cannot do the deploy directly to the webserver, cause since .1, this is no longer working to me. I am not able to do the configuration after a fresh installation. I have to install it first to my testing server and after that I can put it file by file to the production webserver.
                  Eric,

Please let me know on any update regarding the issue.

regards,
                  Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Tested it with different permissions, up to 777 for file and folder. It is not working ... we are back at the starting point, the files to prosuce the pdf were written into the tmp folder, but the pdf is NOT written, against the message given by the software, which is telling pdf is written. With the Version between, some parts of the pdf were written and shown, but now, there is nothing.

P.S.: To let the app make the first step, it was necessary to set the permission of the tmp-folder from 755 to 777. May be it is the problem, that the generated .css, .html and .log file in the tmp-folder only get 644 permission??? Just an idea ...
                    Last edited by EricB; 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I'm going to join in on this one. We can confirm all Eric's findings. PDF is not working on SC7 generated production site where it was working on SC 6 generated production site. Nothing has changed on our production server. Web site has full permissions on the tmp directory, tmp was already at 777.

Mark Stopkey

Comment

Since today export to pdf is nearly working perfectly on production server. Was a mistake in webserver configuration of the webserver.
                        There is only one grid left which is not working. Cross table of two tables.
                        Testing server still not working. May be there is an idea, given by Reinhard, that it may concern to the way how PHP is associated to the webserver. CGI and/or module.
                        I am not sure, if I can test that on the testing server, but will try ...

BR

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by mstopkey View Post
                          Web site has full permissions on the tmp directory, tmp was already at 777.
                          Have you set 755 to _lib/prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64 and/or _lib/prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-i386/wkhtmltopdf-i386?

Comment

Hello Mark,

As Reinhard stated, make sure that you have set 755 to "prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/[yourOperatingSystem]".

If you are still unable to generate the PDF, go to /tmp and there should be a log file. Open the log file and you should see a line command regarding the PDF generation. Access "prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/[yourOperatingSystem]" via terminal run the command and let me know the error message (if possible, please take a screenshot).

regards,
                            Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Hi all,

I've tried also on 7.00.0004 and the problem is still present also there.

Also the export of XLS file need the ZIP extension enabled but most of hosting server has not it as default. If you like that option you have to shift up to custom server environment that has 10 times the cost of a standard. Why it's necessary ?? Is it not possible to do the XLS export without using it ?? I'm not a tech guy but it seems me impossible do not fix it.
                              Bye

Comment

Originally posted by giovannino View Post
                                Hi all,

I've tried also on 7.00.0004 and the problem is still present also there.

Also the export of XLS file need the ZIP extension enabled but most of hosting server has not it as default. If you like that option you have to shift up to custom server environment that has 10 times the cost of a standard. Why it's necessary ?? Is it not possible to do the XLS export without using it ?? I'm not a tech guy but it seems me impossible do not fix it.
                                Bye
                                Hello,

1 - Were you unable to generate PDFs also?

2 - Was it on your development or production environment?

3 - Have you followed the tutorials described on this thread?

regards,
                                Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Working...
                                X