Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V7 what has to be set-up to export to PDF ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I prayed not to write these lines, but with the switch to PHP 5.4 we have to come back to post #1 of this thread.

Files are stored in the tmp directory. CSS and the HTML files with the matching names and timestamps are stored in that directory.
    The whole directory-tree of wkhtmltopdf is set to 777 permission (for testing issue) which I would set back to 755 if it would work.
    But unfortunally it is again the message:

Fehler beim Erstellen der PDF-Datei. Kontaktieren Sie den Techischen Support.
    (error while creating pdf-file. Please contact the technical support.)

pdf is killing me ...

Best Regards

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EricB View Post
      pdf is killing me ...
      Send me a pm and we will look ...
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by EricB View Post
        pdf is killing me ...
        No more, we solve this problem (handing over of variables) yesterday ...

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
          (handing over of variables)
          Yes, thanks to Reinhard for helping and giving some good ideas. Seems to me that PHP 5.4 is more restrictive than 5.3. So, to everyone, if there are some problems in 5.4, which were were not existing in 5.3, keep that in mind ...

Happy X-mas to everone

Comment

Hi everyone,

Originally posted by RHS View Post
            No more, we solve this problem (handing over of variables) yesterday ...
            I do have similar problem with pdf.
            I saw in forum a lot of people with problems with pdf - and no definite solution -

Reinhard, could you please tell us how do you solve the issue ? I tried similar things you did (permissions, reinstallation, etc without results)

Regards and happy Xmats

Jose Miguel

Comment

Hi Jose,

Originally posted by jmpajares@hdt.es View Post
              Reinhard, could you please tell us how do you solve the issue ? I tried similar things you did (permissions, reinstallation, etc without results)
              These are all individual problems, so there is not the general solution for it. I can watch via remote maintenance with you, but can't guarantee a solution. Write me a pm with your system details ...

Comment

Originally posted by bartho View Post
                Hello Eric,

Two things.

1 - The PDFs that aren't being generated are from GRIDs that has any GROUP BY, or does it happen to any sort of grid?

2 - Some of our brazilian customers were able to solve the issue with a quick hint from our bugs team.

Both are working on linux, the first one had to install libxrender1.so on his environment (sudo apt-get install libxrender1)

The second found out that he wasn't able to generate PDFs because he hadn't set EXECUTION permission to /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64

regards,
                Bernhard Bernsmann

Hey Bernhard,

I know this is a bit old, but I just ran into the same problem. Just wanted to say thanks for this post....your last line on execution was my problem. +x to that file and works like a champ.

Thank you!...Mark

Comment

Originally posted by bartho View Post
                  Hello Eric,

Two things.

1 - The PDFs that aren't being generated are from GRIDs that has any GROUP BY, or does it happen to any sort of grid?

2 - Some of our brazilian customers were able to solve the issue with a quick hint from our bugs team.

Both are working on linux, the first one had to install libxrender1.so on his environment (sudo apt-get install libxrender1)

The second found out that he wasn't able to generate PDFs because he hadn't set EXECUTION permission to /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64

regards,
                  Bernhard Bernsmann

Hi Bernhard,

After struggling for two days, your post solved my issue. I had to install libxrender1.so on my Ubuntu server.

Regards,
                  Willem

Comment

Working...
                  X