Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V7 what has to be set-up to export to PDF ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EricB
    started a topic V7 what has to be set-up to export to PDF ???

V7 what has to be set-up to export to PDF ???

Tested the pdf-export on V7.

Within the programming enviroment, everything is working fine.

When I uploaded the application to a production server, the pdf file, which should stored in the tmp directory is not found. There are only corresponding .css .html and .log files in. These files have a matching timestamp and a matching name, as it should be, but there is no pdf-file ...

Are there some additional requirements for the pdf-export to set up on the production server?

Best regards

Eric
    Last edited by EricB; 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM.

• Steenkp
    replied
    Originally posted by bartho View Post
    Hello Eric,

Two things.

1 - The PDFs that aren't being generated are from GRIDs that has any GROUP BY, or does it happen to any sort of grid?

2 - Some of our brazilian customers were able to solve the issue with a quick hint from our bugs team.

Both are working on linux, the first one had to install libxrender1.so on his environment (sudo apt-get install libxrender1)

The second found out that he wasn't able to generate PDFs because he hadn't set EXECUTION permission to /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Hi Bernhard,

After struggling for two days, your post solved my issue. I had to install libxrender1.so on my Ubuntu server.

Regards,
    Willem

Leave a comment:

• mslatter
    replied
    Originally posted by bartho View Post
    Hello Eric,

Two things.

1 - The PDFs that aren't being generated are from GRIDs that has any GROUP BY, or does it happen to any sort of grid?

2 - Some of our brazilian customers were able to solve the issue with a quick hint from our bugs team.

Both are working on linux, the first one had to install libxrender1.so on his environment (sudo apt-get install libxrender1)

The second found out that he wasn't able to generate PDFs because he hadn't set EXECUTION permission to /prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Hey Bernhard,

I know this is a bit old, but I just ran into the same problem. Just wanted to say thanks for this post....your last line on execution was my problem. +x to that file and works like a champ.

Thank you!...Mark

Leave a comment:

• RHS
    replied
    Hi Jose,

Originally posted by jmpajares@hdt.es View Post
    Reinhard, could you please tell us how do you solve the issue ? I tried similar things you did (permissions, reinstallation, etc without results)
    These are all individual problems, so there is not the general solution for it. I can watch via remote maintenance with you, but can't guarantee a solution. Write me a pm with your system details ...

Leave a comment:

• jmpajares@hdt.es
    replied
    Hi everyone,

Originally posted by RHS View Post
    No more, we solve this problem (handing over of variables) yesterday ...
    I do have similar problem with pdf.
    I saw in forum a lot of people with problems with pdf - and no definite solution -

Reinhard, could you please tell us how do you solve the issue ? I tried similar things you did (permissions, reinstallation, etc without results)

Regards and happy Xmats

Jose Miguel

Leave a comment:

• EricB
    replied
    Originally posted by RHS View Post
    (handing over of variables)
    Yes, thanks to Reinhard for helping and giving some good ideas. Seems to me that PHP 5.4 is more restrictive than 5.3. So, to everyone, if there are some problems in 5.4, which were were not existing in 5.3, keep that in mind ...

Happy X-mas to everone

Leave a comment:

• RHS
    replied
    Originally posted by EricB View Post
    pdf is killing me ...
    No more, we solve this problem (handing over of variables) yesterday ...

Leave a comment:

• RHS
    replied
    Originally posted by EricB View Post
    pdf is killing me ...
    Send me a pm and we will look ...

Leave a comment:

• EricB
    replied
    OK, I prayed not to write these lines, but with the switch to PHP 5.4 we have to come back to post #1 of this thread.

Files are stored in the tmp directory. CSS and the HTML files with the matching names and timestamps are stored in that directory.
    The whole directory-tree of wkhtmltopdf is set to 777 permission (for testing issue) which I would set back to 755 if it would work.
    But unfortunally it is again the message:

Fehler beim Erstellen der PDF-Datei. Kontaktieren Sie den Techischen Support.
    (error while creating pdf-file. Please contact the technical support.)

pdf is killing me ...

Best Regards

Eric

Leave a comment:

• bartho
    replied
    Originally posted by giovannino View Post
    Hi all,

I've tried also on 7.00.0004 and the problem is still present also there.

Also the export of XLS file need the ZIP extension enabled but most of hosting server has not it as default. If you like that option you have to shift up to custom server environment that has 10 times the cost of a standard. Why it's necessary ?? Is it not possible to do the XLS export without using it ?? I'm not a tech guy but it seems me impossible do not fix it.
    Bye
    Hello,

1 - Were you unable to generate PDFs also?

2 - Was it on your development or production environment?

3 - Have you followed the tutorials described on this thread?

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Leave a comment:

• giovannino
    replied
    Hi all,

I've tried also on 7.00.0004 and the problem is still present also there.

Also the export of XLS file need the ZIP extension enabled but most of hosting server has not it as default. If you like that option you have to shift up to custom server environment that has 10 times the cost of a standard. Why it's necessary ?? Is it not possible to do the XLS export without using it ?? I'm not a tech guy but it seems me impossible do not fix it.
    Bye

Leave a comment:

• bartho
    replied
    Hello Mark,

As Reinhard stated, make sure that you have set 755 to "prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/[yourOperatingSystem]".

If you are still unable to generate the PDF, go to /tmp and there should be a log file. Open the log file and you should see a line command regarding the PDF generation. Access "prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/[yourOperatingSystem]" via terminal run the command and let me know the error message (if possible, please take a screenshot).

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Leave a comment:

• RHS
    replied
    Originally posted by mstopkey View Post
    Web site has full permissions on the tmp directory, tmp was already at 777.
    Have you set 755 to _lib/prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-amd64/wkhtmltopdf-amd64 and/or _lib/prod/third/wkhtmltopdf/linux-i386/wkhtmltopdf-i386?

Leave a comment:

• EricB
    replied
    Since today export to pdf is nearly working perfectly on production server. Was a mistake in webserver configuration of the webserver.
    There is only one grid left which is not working. Cross table of two tables.
    Testing server still not working. May be there is an idea, given by Reinhard, that it may concern to the way how PHP is associated to the webserver. CGI and/or module.
    I am not sure, if I can test that on the testing server, but will try ...

BR

Eric

Leave a comment:

• mstopkey
    replied
    I'm going to join in on this one. We can confirm all Eric's findings. PDF is not working on SC7 generated production site where it was working on SC 6 generated production site. Nothing has changed on our production server. Web site has full permissions on the tmp directory, tmp was already at 777.

Mark Stopkey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X