Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid with Openquery for MS SQL not support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid with Openquery for MS SQL not support?

I found that if my SQL statement contains "openquery", an error will popup. My SQL statement as below

SELECT
    EMPLOYEE.EMPID,
    SURNAME,
    FIRSTNAME,
    CHINAME,
    CHRISTIANNAME,
    SEX,
    DOB,
    LEFT(IDNO,LEN(IDNO)-3)+'XXX' as HKID,
    ENROLLDATE,
    LEAVEDATE,
    ADDRESS,
    employmentStatus
    FROM
    dbo.EMPLOYEE, OPENQUERY(MYSQL, 'SELECT EMPID, employmentStatus FROM hkfrc_dev.employeesStatus, hkfrc_dev.employmentStatus where employeesStatus.employmentStatusID = employmentStatus.employmentStatusID') mysql
    WHERE
    (CO = 'FC') and EMPLOYEE.EMPID = mysql.EMPID;

Because I need to get information from both databases, is there any way to solve the openquery problem, or any work around not to use openquery? Thank you.

Grid with Openquery for MS SQL not support?

I found that if my SQL statement contains "openquery", an error will popup. My SQL statement as below

SELECT
    EMPLOYEE.EMPID,
    SURNAME,
    FIRSTNAME,
    CHINAME,
    CHRISTIANNAME,
    SEX,
    DOB,
    LEFT(IDNO,LEN(IDNO)-3)+'XXX' as HKID,
    ENROLLDATE,
    LEAVEDATE,
    ADDRESS,
    employmentStatus
    FROM
    dbo.EMPLOYEE, OPENQUERY(MYSQL, 'SELECT EMPID, employmentStatus FROM hkfrc_dev.employeesStatus, hkfrc_dev.employmentStatus where employeesStatus.employmentStatusID = employmentStatus.employmentStatusID') mysql
    WHERE
    (CO = 'FC') and EMPLOYEE.EMPID = mysql.EMPID;

Because I need to get information from both databases, is there any way to solve the openquery problem, or any work around not to use openquery? Thank you.

Comment

Use and look at "Join" commands ... For example: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Thank you but same issue, as the problem should come from OPENQUERY, as I need to use 2 databases data for enquiry

Comment

Working...
        X