Clear All

Didn't know that the Borg assimilated Spain already ..... :-D
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Yes we are. I would be helped much if I know how to put multiple series in charts. Not only this one, but also a line chart etc. Would be great if you have a step by step explanation. The javascript means that you have to generate a lot of echo's to get that done, as you can generate the charts from grids. So it would be great if we could generate multiple series from a series of grids? I would like to avoid javascript.
      Inside a blank app you can just copy + paste the exact code I posted.
      When you close the php tag

Code:
      ?>
      You can work inside the blank using html and javascript without echo's.
      Just don't forget to open the tag when you finish with your front-end code.

Code:
      <?php
      Just like the example.
      Regards,
      Cavadinha

Development Team
      Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Yes we are. I would be helped much if I know how to put multiple series in charts. Not only this one, but also a line chart etc. Would be great if you have a step by step explanation. The javascript means that you have to generate a lot of echo's to get that done, as you can generate the charts from grids. So it would be great if we could generate multiple series from a series of grids? I would like to avoid javascript.

Albert, I spent good time trying this with line charts without results in SC7, then the project was canceled but I put it as "to-do-later" later on... After a while, in SC8 I found in the examples db added this example of line chart with more than a series, so I just said "will analyze it later and see how it works when i have time..." have a look, it is there in V8 folder of the examples DB comes with sc8

Comment

The samples systems that comes with SC is the best learning device we give to all developers who uses our tool.
          We are always improving them. Whenever you update your scriptcase, you should check for new examples there.

About the chart app, i'll probably call this responsability to me, so any suggestion on this matter you may leave it here, i'll take a note of all suggestions.

This chart app have a lot to improve, like a proper support to multi-series charts, labels customization, etc.
          Regards,
          Cavadinha

Development Team
          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

yes Cavadinha, as you mentioned the labels customization, please also add the toolbar to be able to add buttons, otherwise if browsed from mobile will never go back, just like container, no buttons up there, anti-mobile...

FYI: grid as well, if added a link application to update record from grid, then OnAfterUpdate sc_redir to same grid.. then button back/exit becomes useless, mobile users will force to shut down their session... remove URL and open again, then may login again or may get tired and report their experience of the project as "bad"

see this:
            http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...e-your-opinion

Comment

I know that php is no Delphi. But for the principle: in Delphi there are components for graphs and you can define one or more series to that. It's a simple api to do so, I don't need to configure much more than the type of graph, dimensions etc. A similar approach to the graphs module of SC would be great. In fact, a field of type 'graph' with properties would do the job. The graph will be displayed in a div and thus can mix with the other components like the barcode etc. The property series should make it possible to draw more charts within. I would like to be able to compare illness percentages of departments in one graph. A piece of cake in Delphi.

@Cavadinha, of course we can create blank applications for everything SC doesn't support out-of-the-box, and I find that a very conveniant way to integrate regular php. But for javascript I need to generate the series from php to javascript and embed that in the code. Above approach would fit in the filosofy of Scriptcase. Especially when you want to clone the product to a BI tool. End-users don't understand a thing about javascript and they need to be able to compare results by mulitiple series in a chart. But it's imho of course.

The reseller/powerusers have found each other in a Google+ group. I think it would be a great place to discuss issues like these.
              Albert Drent

Comment

The reseller/powerusers have found each other in a Google+ group. I think it would be a great place to discuss issues like these.

Just an aclaration. If you talk about G+ group I created, it's just for Resellers and NetMake employees. If it's other group, can you share a link?
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
                  Just an aclaration. If you talk about G+ group I created, it's just for Resellers and NetMake employees. If it's other group, can you share a link?
                  I mean your (our) group. Cavadinha is a Netmake employee. It would be great if NM would share and discuss his/her ideas regarding the product in the private G+.
                  Albert Drent

Comment

I mean your (our) group. Cavadinha is a Netmake employee. It would be great if NM would share and discuss his/her ideas regarding the product in the private G+.
                    This is one of the reasons why exists
                    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                    Some Customers opinions

Comment

well, we want outcome afterall, G+ or whatever you go guys, we want outcome

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
                        The chart app is new so we will continue to improve it in the future releases.

So, you need to make a blank app and use all its power. I will post a static example, it should be enough.
                        Switch -> INSTALL_PATH to your folder.

For more custom charts read FusionCharts documentation.
                        We have the right to use their lib so enjoy this powerfull add of V8.

The expected result should be this:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1218[/ATTACH]

Code below:
                        Code:
                        ?>
                        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/INSTALL_PATH/prod/third/jquery/js/jquery.js"></script>
                        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/INSTALL_PATH/prod/third/fusioncharts/FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>

<div id="chart-container" style="margin-top:35px;">FusionCharts will render here</div>
                        <script>
                            var chartReport;

$(function() {
                                    generateGraphAppDev();        
                            });

function generateGraphAppDev()
                            {        
                                    chartReport = new FusionCharts({
                                        type: 'mscolumn3d',
                                        renderAt: 'chart-container',
                                        width: '1200',
                                        height: '600',
                                        dataFormat: 'json',
                                        dataSource: {
                                        "chart": {
                                        "caption": "Aplications X Devs",
                                        "xAxisName": "Type of application",
                                        "yAxisName": "Ammount",
                                        "theme": "fint"
                                    },
                                    "categories": 
                                        [
                        					{
                        						"category":   
                        							[
                        								{"label": "Blank"},{"label": "Graph"},{"label": "Container"},{"label": "Control"},
                        								{"label": "Grid"},{"label": "Form"},{"label": "Filter"},{"label": "Menu"},
                        								{"label": "Menu Tree"},{"label": "Tab"},{"label": "Procedure"}
                        							]
                        					}
                        				],
                                        "dataset":
                        					[
                        						{
                        							"seriesname":"Admin","data":
                        							[
                        								{"value": "2"},{"value": "2"},{"value": "7"},{"value": "22"},{"value": "42"},{"value": "50"},
                        								{"value": "4"},{"value": "11"},{"value": "5"},{"value": "3"},{"value": "0"}
                        							]
                        						},{
                        							"seriesname":"Cavadinha","data":
                        							[
                        								{"value": "5"},{"value": "15"},{"value": "10"},{"value": "1"},{"value": "31"},{"value": "20"},
                        								{"value": "33"},{"value": "1"},{"value": "12"},{"value": "3"},{"value": "9"}
                        							]
                        						},{
                        							"seriesname":"Smiley Face","data":
                        							[
                        								{"value": "10"},{"value": "1"},{"value": "3"},{"value": "0"},{"value": "22"},{"value": "27"},
                        								{"value": "5"},{"value": "2"},{"value": "7"},{"value": "9"},{"value": "0"}
                        							]
                        						}
                                    		]
                                		}
                            		});

chartReport.render();

}
                        </script>

<?php

Hi, @Cavadinha
                        Your code cannot work on my environment, my version is v8 and copy all your code, change the include like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->Ini->path_third ?>/jquery/js/jquery.js"></script>
                        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->Ini->path_third ?>/fusioncharts/FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>

And it can point to my folder, but cannot get the charts. How's that?

Comment

Sorry, I answer questions when I have something to add, not for 'just answering'. I have no clue.
                          Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by jerry View Post
                            Hi, @Cavadinha
                            Your code cannot work on my environment, my version is v8 and copy all your code, change the include like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->Ini->path_third ?>/jquery/js/jquery.js"></script>
                            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->Ini->path_third ?>/fusioncharts/FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>

And it can point to my folder, but cannot get the charts. How's that?
                            I've tried your include. this php echo prints the path of the third party libraries, but as the system path, not as the URL path.

As on my installation, I've tried one line with your PHP (as it would be very useful on deployment) and one as hardcoded URL, and this is what I see on the rendered HTML:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/daxonichely/public_html/scriptcase/prod/third/jquery/js/jquery.js"></script>
                            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/scriptcase/prod/third/fusioncharts/FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>
                            As you can see, we might use another variable.

I'm just a regular user, so I don't know of the execution variables of the system, but maybe I'll make it work with some substring function of PHP (though, there should be a more elegant way)

Regarding the issue of this thread. I've looked for the multiple values chart example (I'm running V8) but can't find it. What is it called?
                            Best Regards

Daniel Salcedo
                            • Software & Hardware developer
                            • Photography enthusiast
                            • Ultimate Frisbee lover

Comment

Working...
                            X