Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid and Chart application's question: plot more than 1 filed and complex query.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid and Chart application's question: plot more than 1 filed and complex query.

1. Plot more than 1 filed on the chart.
    For example, they have a table named Selling, have 2 fields: selling-in-advance, sell-actual, they want to display the 2 fields on a single chart. I realize that Scrpitcase nearly cannot do this. And I also found some posts on the forum like: http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...ht=Chart+field But that's not really a good solution I think.

2. Data from very complex query
    We all know that Scriptcase create applications from a single table or view, but in some conditions, they often have very, very complex query to get data from 2 or 5 tables, except creating views, could SC get data from a complex SQL or directly from a stored procedure?

Q1: you need to do that with javascript and that's pretty comlex afaik, so I agree on your conclusion. It's on the wishlist of SC to have mulitple series in a more easy way.

Q2: yes regarding view. I haven't tested it with stored procedures, but afaik that should work too. I would simply try I guess.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

So are there samples of using javascript to plot other values on SC's chart? could you give me a link please, Albert?

Comment

There was a link supplied in one of the webinars and I don't have it here. But you could look into the docs of fusioncharts. It's the suplier of the SC Charts module.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
        X