Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I run a URL from the click of a button on a grid

Hi All,

I have a grid that displays the description of help videos and also the corresponding URL. I would prefer to hide the URL link and have a button that the user clicks to fire up the video in a new window.

I can add a image "button" to each row, but the associated link for that requests an application, and not a URL.

How is it best to approach this type of thing?

Thanks

Tony

Originally posted by fiscal View Post
    Hi All,

I have a grid that displays the description of help videos and also the corresponding URL. I would prefer to hide the URL link and have a button that the user clicks to fire up the video in a new window.

I can add a image "button" to each row, but the associated link for that requests an application, and not a URL.

How is it best to approach this type of thing?

Thanks

Tony
    If you apply a unique identifier to each row you can link to a blank program and do the redir to the url from there.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks Albert,

I actually got that far but had a brain freeze with the sc_redir() command. I forgot that a local variable that stored the URL from my select statement does NOT have to be enclosed by {} brackets. Oh well, with age comes wisdom and forgetfulness.

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X