If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
** Haven't seen a lot of successful deployments or upgrades. **
That would be a miracle within 24 hours of release. No offence, but this is not constructive comment. As a reseller I'm currently looking into the product. The only issue I have so far is that the generation times take significant longer due to dropping zend engine. Don't expect that product in the early release phase will be complete error-less. But this is a very premature reaction, I need to dive into it deeper and perhaps there are loads of problems. Only I haven't found them so far.
I stand by my comments after waiting to reply till tonight, I love scriptcase, could not do what I do for a living without it.
That being said, I believe my statement about releasing it on January 31st at midnight was not because the product was tested, but because being late was not what management wanted.
Constructive comments is not what I was trying to relate, it was having a reliable product and making sure the audience increases not decreases.
With you being a reseller I would think that would be paramount.
I agree that if you release that the product should be stable and working. We've been testing more thouroughly now and there are main issues. I don't know if it's because it was released due to a management issue or that a last-minute change caused the problem. I have personal thoughts about the moment of release (just before weekend, we always release our products on monday) and there are so obvious errors that I can imagine the reactions of customers. But that being said, I was just reacting on your statement. Not on the reason behind. I too am disappointed on the situation and am already discussing this with SC. In general: only advertise new versions when a working beta is on it's way (tested by SC and some 3rd parties). This will avoid false expectations, and productstates that don't work. We have offered to take part in the beta program. We're not 'just' reseller. Let's wait for SC to react tomorrow when they need to respond to the bug issues.
Currently I haven't migrated my projects to SC7. The pilot I did, worked well and had no issues. But reading the forum there are still many issues, some appeared after updating. I think that SC is working hard to address the problems in 7 and I would be supprised if they would update V6. In my experience with other companies, support for an old version is frozen when a new version has been arrived. But I think that 6 is a pretty stable product and the issues we have could be worked around easily. That's why we still work in SC6 and wait for SC7 to stabalize.