Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall interface design

Hello,

I am evaluating Scriptcase and have a question about the overall interface design.

I know about all of the different applications you can create (grids, containers, tabs, etc...) but what I am confused about is how you tie all of those applications into one coherent application. For example, I have some grids made, I have a horizontal menu made and now I'm ready to create an application that ties all of these together.

Is there a page or container that all of these applications get put into? What am I supposed to do with the menu? Where do I put it?

Thanks!

As you mentioned there are a container application.

Create a container applicacion, use "widgets" to "insert" your grids. Now, on your menu application, tell to use this container as first app, for example.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      As you mentioned there are a container application.

Create a container applicacion, use "widgets" to "insert" your grids. Now, on your menu application, tell to use this container as first app, for example.
      Giuseppe,

Thanks! That is what I was considering, but I just wanted to ask before I went that route.

Comment

Here is an example of what I am having trouble with.

I've created a 'container' and added a grid to it. I set the menu to use this 'container'. See picture below.

empty space.jpg

Now how do I get rid of this empty space?

Thanks!

Jose

Comment

This is due to margins. Adjust at your needs on configuration of the app.
          Captura.jpg

SC it's mostly declarative. Almost "everything" can be changed in options.
          /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thanks Giuseppe!

Comment

Giuseppe,

That worked perfectly for the grid application but I cannot find a way to do so with the container application? My grid is inside a container and there is still lots of empty space.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joselvelez View Post
                Giuseppe,

That worked perfectly for the grid application but I cannot find a way to do so with the container application? My grid is inside a container and there is still lots of empty space.

Thanks!
                Can you share the project and/or screenshots?
                /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Appearantly you have your application put into a container. The container has a certain size. So your applications should match the size and the safest way is to set it's width to 100%. Then it would fill the container.
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I tried setting the application width to 100% and no change. See pictures below. empty space 2.jpgapp width.jpg

Comment

Delete the % symbol, and change "Table Width unit" from Automatic to Percentage
                      /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

So simple! Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Working...
                        X