Menu Items do NOT show up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aducom View Post
    But Reinhard, I assure you that the menu system in not in all situations working well.
    Ok, i accepted that, but i have until now no problems. I would still like to see an example where the error occurs. Screenshot are not enough ... .
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Excuse me for butting in, but I have just come up against the simliar frustrations.

The application is NOT secured.

In the development (local) environment the application shows menus correctly. (see scttbefore.png)

In the deployed (remote host) environment the application shows only the first menu item. (see scttafter1.png)

I am going mad....

Thanks
      Attached Files
      The GuiGuy
      ... from Down Under

Comment

Have you set security to on? In development you might miss this as you can develop while the security bit is ignored (options -> myscriptcase).
        I think that you need to synchronize your applications and apply security.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
          Have you set security to on?
          Thanks. That was it! So in essence, even a non secured menu application ought to be developed as a secured application!?

Cheers
          The GuiGuy
          ... from Down Under

Comment

No. It's very likely that when you generate the security application you will select all applications and not think about it. I don't. Everytime I use it I must unset the checkboxes to my login app and menu. In fact you need to secure all applications behind the login app. But in development you want to be able to test all without security and there's the mentioned checkbox. So before deploying I unset this and test the application to see if I haven't forgotten anything.
            Albert Drent
            aducom software netherlands
            scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
            www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
            X