No announcement yet.

Deploy: Cannot change default "scriptcase" password - endless loop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn that is annoying.. Do me one favor and install a mysql locally and try to make a connection with that. We first need to start from some working base...
    If it then can not connect to a remote server at least we can pinpoint it better (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by rr View Post
      Do me one favor and install a mysql locally and try to make a connection with that.
      This is unnecessary ... the only problem is that the configuration can not be written!
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
        This is unnecessary ... the only problem is that the configuration can not be written!
        It cannot be written, and it cannot be read from "prod.config.php". The connection information is there, it's crypted, and it works fine in the development environment.

Pls note that the IIS AppPoolIdentity has full access to all folders & files on&below the productive environment folder. Even all other users on the SERVER have full access at the moment.

Either I am missing something radical, which I'm beginning to doubt after having tried just about everything, or SC 7.01 doesn't work under IIS7.

Comment

Originally posted by hkuersten View Post
          [...] or SC 7.01 doesn't work under IIS7.
          I had already proposed an IIS 8 to test under Win8 ... before but I would like to watch

Comment

After a night session of teamviewing and debugging with Reinhard, we can finally close this thread. A BIG thank you to Reinhard for his time & effort.

Reinhard had the final idea to use the PHP WebPlatform Installer from Microsoft, instead of installing PHP manually (which I always preferred for my projects). Seems that SC outplayed me this time... ;-)

So:
            It was not the IIS7...
            It was not SC...
            It was the php.ini concerning some session settings

Thank you all for helping - and a "thumbs down" for the official SC support. Set up 3 tickets, got nothing but standard phrases and a suggestion to look on my server with teamviewer, which never happened. So this was a big waste of time.

But thanks to Reinhard, SC will have a new customer anyway, and we may be seeing each other in this forum again.

Bye for now...

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
              I overlooked the IIS thing. I might miss the appropiate knowledge, but I had enormous problems getting things to run on IIS above 2003 server. IIS has become too complex imho and I was not able to fix all issues I got when I moved to W2007 server. Now there's 2012 server and I wonder. Unless you are a guru on IIS I strongly advise you to stop the server and start using an apache based install like Uniform or a similar wamp. Most installations run this and with problems/questions there are loads of forums to get help from...
              If your application will run in a Windows Environment, My Recomendation is DO NOT Buy it. Instead of start testing IronSpeed.com it is good under Windows environment.

I am sorry, Scriptcase is designed for Linux environments...........I have spend 3 days to setup my App in Windows (IIS), and now i almost give up. For linux Servers works like a charm, but for Windows Servers IT Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by nfxmap1 View Post
                I have spend 3 days to setup my App in Windows (IIS), and now i almost give up. For linux Servers works like a charm, but for Windows Servers IT Sucks...

Then you probably have not looked properly ... SC apps run fine in IIS, if you know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by hkuersten View Post
                  After a night session of teamviewing and debugging with Reinhard, we can finally close this thread. A BIG thank you to Reinhard for his time & effort.

Reinhard had the final idea to use the PHP WebPlatform Installer from Microsoft, instead of installing PHP manually (which I always preferred for my projects). Seems that SC outplayed me this time... ;-)

So:
                  It was not the IIS7...
                  It was not SC...
                  It was the php.ini concerning some session settings

Thank you all for helping - and a "thumbs down" for the official SC support. Set up 3 tickets, got nothing but standard phrases and a suggestion to look on my server with teamviewer, which never happened. So this was a big waste of time.

But thanks to Reinhard, SC will have a new customer anyway, and we may be seeing each other in this forum again.

Bye for now...
                  Hi

What did you change in php.ini?
                  I am having the same issue for last one week and stuck there.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sandeepparekh9 View Post
                    Hi

What did you change in php.ini?
                    I am having the same issue for last one week and stuck there.

Thanks

Seems like there was configuration (more or less) issue.
                    Below is the configuration option in php.ini

session.save_path = "/var/lib/php/session"

But there was no folder /var/lib/php/session and that was causing the issue.
                    I created the folder and now it is working fine.

Comment

If you are in a trial licence you can get into contact with SC directly through chat on their website (during working hours in Brazil). I can recommend that. I know that there are working instances under IIS but personally I dropped IIS and replaced it by Apache because i couldn't get anything I had on Win2003 server running in W2012 server. Not even my ISAPI dll's. That's because IIS is far to complex now. I guess it has all to do with application pools, owner of the files etc. Soooo many switches and options, I got lost.
                      Albert Drent
                      aducom software netherlands
                      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Finally i found a solution, give the user IIS_IUSRS full privileges after that the loop was fix

Finalmente encontré una solución, dar al usuario IIS_IUSRS control total, después de eso se corrigió el loop, anexo imágenes de las ventanas

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Comment

Wauw. Thank you for this solution. Can you tell us for which Windows server version the fix is? I have been running under W2003 server w.o. trouble but after migrating to W2008 and now W2012 I was not able to get things running undr iis.
                          Albert Drent
                          aducom software netherlands
                          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

That should work for any windows server 2008 and above and for windows 7,8,8.1 as well.
                            I advise against iis tho, since the php webplatform installer works with an old php. Uniform/wamp/xamp is easier and better to control with more detail.

Comment

Ye,you are right,i agree with u etui samsung galaxy s5 housse samsung galaxy s5
                              Last edited by lili94369; 10-28-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Just a message of hope really...

I was having the same problem (linux) and made sure I changed the settings to 777 and still couldn't get anything to save the password. I had deleted everything in the directory and completely uploaded all the files twice and was just beginning to give up...

I left it for a few days (because of other work) and this morning it has worked perfectly to save the password and set up the configuration.

Thoughts:
                                1. There is mention of a 'delay' moving data from the temporary to live areas. This is a variable that can be set within production. I wonder if this is a factor?
                                2. There is also a mention in the production environment (when you get there!) about files being saved in the browser cache and the importance of opening a new browser after saving changes.

I won't pretend to either understand it - or be happy it is such a frustrating experience but I am mighty relieved I seem to be back on track again!

Comment

Working...
                                X