No announcement yet.

Can't choose Database Name in PROD environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have similar problem. I have testing site running on XAMPP v1.7.7 (believe it is PHP v5.3.8)
    MySQL is up and running on remote server (so I used server IP). When I open Connection settings for the App I can run Connection test and it is successful, but when trying to select database from the dropdown list it takes forever and nothing ever shows up...

I'm going to d-load the database and set it up locall to see if this would work, although this isn't the way I want it setup.
    I think SC should allow to type in a database name manually as well then trey to connect later. At this moment is work the other way around. It tries to connect and pull database list, then it connects. Both scenarios should work.

Arthur

PS>
    I forgot, what was the command to test PHP version on remote hosting server ?
    Last edited by aka; 08-05-2014, 12:37 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

phpinfo is what you are searching for... phpinfo();

Comment

Hi

I too have this problem . I am getting the following error

Connection Error

Unable to connect: Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

My Production Environments are

Server version: 5.5.37-35.0-log
        PHP version 5.4

My production env has only the following options to switch back

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

I am not sure which environment to switch back

I am in very bad state now

Regards
        Narayanan

Comment

Originally posted by nnara530 View Post
          Hi

I too have this problem . I am getting the following error

Connection Error

Unable to connect: Connection attempt failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

PHP version 5.4

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

I am not sure which environment to switch back

I am in very bad state now

Regards
          Narayanan
          Did you installed mysql-server package? Your error isn't The same of this thread. Your error shows it can't connect to mysql server, and has more to do with with connection Params .
          /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hi,

Now I am not getting this error but however it is not listing any databases

Can some one help me here?

Regards
            Narayanan

Comment

i had the same issue, after i read many forums an treads, decided to downgrade the wamp version to 2.4 from the main webpage of wamp developer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wamp...pserver%202.4/) my SC version is 7.01.0021 and i'm working now without problems

php.jpg

tuve el mismo problema, después de leer muchos foros y muchos hilos, decidi bajar la versión de mi servidor desde la pagina de wamp, mi version de SC es 7.01.0021 y ahora estoy trabajando sin problema alguno

Comment

Hi Welectronic,

Thank you for your reply. The issue is my production hosting provider have only php versions of PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3 or 5.4.

I can do the above in my local environment but not the production environment. Are you saying that if I install the above and do a build and deploy package and then it will work in any production environment?

Or my production environment also need to be similar to the above?

I am surprised why ScriptCase is not acting on this issue as this will have a larger customer impact. Big disappointment from SC. I keep upgrading SC; now I need to seriously think twice before upgrading next time .

Regards
                Narayanan

Comment

I want to know whether scriptcase has resolved this issue or not? Right now I am using 7.1

PHP version 5.4

PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

It is still not listing the database I tried all three (MySQL Transaction, MySQL, MySQL PDO)

Big disappointment. Need quick resolution for this bug from SC ASAP.

Regards
                  Narayanan

Comment

I want to know whether scriptcase has resolved this issue or not? Right now I am using 7.1

PHP version 5.4

My production env has only the following options to switch back PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3

Big disappointment. Need quick resolution for this bug from SC ASAP.

It is still not listing the database I tried all three (MySQL Transaction, MySQL, MySQL PDO)

Regards
                    Narayanan

Comment

Same problem since almost the beginning og this thread : I cannot choose database when configuring production environment....I am using wamp server 2.5

Comment

Ok good news
                        I did solved it while watching php logs :
                        I used a password with accent (xxxéyyy) for the database access : the wizzard can connect to the database but fails to retrieve installed bases !!!!
                        seems to be a bug somewhere in the mysql access.
                        Anyhow : avoid using special characters to access your mysql database !!!
                        By the way : the used version of php (I saw some concerns about 5.5) has nothing to do with the bug.. till now, my wamp 2.5 is ok for deployed project

Hope it helps
                        Last edited by gbonnet; 11-24-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have the same problem, I solve it by install parallel php as fastCGI, you can find the answer in :http://www.jabommi.de/wiki/downgrade...-php-versions/
                          My system is Ubuntu 14, php-5.5.9, and now I can swatch my website to php-5.4.33 and no need to downgrade, it work

Comment

Follow these 'backdoor' step :

1. Find the file "nmPageAdminSysAllConectionsCreateWizard.class.php " in this folder :
                            ..your_app_folder..\_lib\prod\lib\php\devel\class\ page
                            2. Find and replace syntax : 'mysql_connect()' with 'mysqli_connect()'
                            3. Save the file
                            4. Back to your production environment page, Edit your database connection
                            5. Fill in database field manually
                            6. Save and logout

Comment

The postings have been placed long time ago and there is no final solution yet. I am having this problem now. Please help

Comment

Hola alguna solucion ?????????????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X