How to make drop down select fields start empty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make drop down select fields start empty

My search in the forums for this problem returned no results. I wish the old posts from the old forum were still accessible. Posts are looking pretty sparse these days! I've looked through every setting and I can't seem to find one that will allow me to set the fields to blank at start. When I bring up a form or search I don't want to see any data until I choose it from a drop down select. Would I have to put in a null row in each table the drop down selects from? Problem is my tables are set to not allow null and cannot be changed.
    Last edited by ancr2001; 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM.

I've looked at macros but can't find one to suit my needs. The manual doesn't have macros for search window. If I click the clear button I get empty fields like I want. Is there some way to set clear/clean onScriptInit so the search starts with clear fields?

Comment

Click the use titles option under the select statement
      Had same issue, since there isn't a help on the screen I clicked it to see what it did

Kevin

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out.

Comment

Great, thanks Kevin - works a treat!

Comment

that's nice feature, however terrible naming (probably no one would ever guess what's this without trying)
            Arthur
            -----------------------------------------
            Arthur Klisiewicz
            dATA POINT SOFTWARE
            www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
            X