Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How open a PDF file clicking on a Form Button ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How open a PDF file clicking on a Form Button ??

Hello all,

I got to open an external file (like help file) clicking on a button "HELP" on a form .
    Which is best and easy solution ??
    Many thanks

sc_redir("full_or_relative_url_to_your_pdf_file",' ','_blank');
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

GREAT !!! Tomorrow morning I'll try.
      As directory is better to use and save the pdf file under SC default doc folder
      So when I call it from my application need I to use ../../_lib/file/doc/name_of_file.pdf ...

I lways make confusion between these folders... why img are in two places ? Is the _lib/img only for applications images... ? and /public_html/eosb2b/_lib/file/img for the images stored during the use of the project ? Is only that the difference ?

/public_html/eosb2b/_lib/file/img
      /public_html/eosb2b/_lib/img/

For doc I think is better to use this one /public_html/eosb2b/_lib/file/doc

Comment

Hello Giu,
        a did this test.
        I put the file under localhost: C:\Program Files (x86)\Scriptcase\v8_new\wwwroot\scriptcase\file\do c\eos_sales_doc\COND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf

I need that once deployed the sc_redir works properly. I think I have to use relative path

sc_redir("..\..\..\_lib\file\doc\eos_sales_doc\CON D_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf",' ','_blank');

It seems to try to open the file (I suppose...) but this is the error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /scriptcase/app/B2B_B2C/......_lib iledocos_sales_docCOND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf/......_lib iledocos_sales_docCOND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf .php on this server.

if I use instead

sc_redir("../../../_lib/file/doc/eos_sales_doc/COND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf",' ','_blank');

The error is

Not Found

The requested URL /scriptcase/_lib/file/doc/eos_sales_doc/COND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf was not found on this server.

Comment

It's a classic !!! When you go to mechanic the car always do not show the problems you got till one minute before !!!! ;-)
          The following works !!!

sc_redir('../../../file/doc/eos_sales_doc/COND_GEN_FORNITURA_LUGLIO15.pdf','_blank');

This open the doc _lib has to be jumped.... (don't know why) .

When I'll run it on production server I need to have a different page becouse otherwise I can't close the pdf only. Is _blank the right choice ??

Comment

_blank is to open in another page, but buttons has too a target property, defining where should be executed.

Before, didn't worked because URL in PHP is with / not \. Between " (double quote), in PHP \ is an escape character. For example, \n is new line
            On dev ../_lib doesn't exists because prod enviroment is not inside project code.
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
            X