General Backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Backup

How should I proceed to restore Scriptcase general backup in another computer?

Re: General Backup

HI,

Install Scriptcase in another computer, get the Backup ZIP file and restore it acessing "Options>>Settings" >> "Restore" >> "Restore ZIP".

Vítor Jamil

Comment

Esto funciona de un equipo con Windows Vista a otro con Ubuntu 9.10??

Comment

does a general backup also include your own custom database tables and data?

In other words, can you restore the complete situation after a system crash?

Comment

I setup a cron job that runs rsnapshot each night and also have another to backup mysql from the command line.

You can create a script from:
          http://bash.cyberciti.biz/backup/wizard-ftp-script.php
          (remove the code you do not need from the script)

Restoring in Linux is very easy for SC .. restore the MySQL tables and they reinstall SC from scratch. SC will see the tables already exists on install. Done.

Regards,
          Scott.

Comment

Okay, that may work. But I was wondering if SC general backups create a complete backup, including database tables.

Problem is you cannot test this because a restore requires another SC installation, and then you run into license problems,

by the way, did you get a call from SC to get back on the forum?

Comment

Okay, that may work. But I was wondering if SC general backups create a complete backup, including database tables.
              I believe it backs up SC tables for the project, but not the actual tables you create for the app. Correct me if I am wrong.

Problem is you cannot test this because a restore requires another SC installation, and then you run into license problems
              Perhaps on Windows.

by the way, did you get a call from SC to get back on the forum?
              Nope. I just visit when I get the chance, and I had a few PM's from users.

Regards,
              Scott.

Comment

Only on windows?

You mean you can install multiple (fully functional) SC instances on non-windows when you have only one license?

Comment

Working...
                X