Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mbstring problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mbstring problem

    Brand new dedicated server running Centos 5.7 and PHP 5.3.8.

    Copied my app to the server and get this error.
    Anybody have any good ideas how to fix it?

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_encoding() in /home/mysite/public_html/menu/menu.php on line 136

    I have replaced my real domain name with the words mysite.

    This is on 64 bit Centos, and I believe it's SC5, though it's been a while since I put it on a linux server.

  • #2
    Re: mbstring problem

    Hello,

    I could not understand what you meant by saying "Copied my app to the server". Would you care to elaborate? Have you deployed your project on the server?

    regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: mbstring problem

      Right now the app is running on a Windows server with xampp and runs fine.
      I now have a new dedicated 64 bit Centos 5.7 server. I copied the files because I'm not sure I can create a zip deployment at this point. I'm way out of support timeframe, and until I get back into SC 6, I just want to try to get it over to new server.

      I don't believe it's really an SC issue, as mbstring is a php thing, but this is a fresh install and I can't see why mbstring would be missing.

      Alan

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: mbstring problem

        Hello,

        The problem in copying generated source files is that SC libraries will not be available on your Cent OS Server. You should deploy your project typically, move the ZIP to your Server, and then extract it.

        regards,
        Bernhard Bernsmann

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: mbstring problem

          I will try to do that. I think I have a zip file from a long time ago.
          Thanks
          Alan

          Comment

          Working...
          X