Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datatype image in Form details

Hi,

In the php afterupdate event I would like to retrieve the image details like size, mime, local name. The $_POST returns an array $_POST["rsargs"][<index>] with the needed information.

But when I insert a new field on the form the array shifts and I have again to determine the right index for example the local name. So I'am searching for a developer friendly way to get to this information.

Regards

Martin

&#39;Man is a Tool Making Animal&#39; (&quot;Benjamin Franklin&quot

Re: Datatype image in Form details

Using mysql to update a picture field in a form (from database file) I get a message.

Undefined variable: sKeepImage

(This is not a variable I have entered).

This only appears if I try to change the image on the form. If I do not change the image
    it updates normally. So I'm wondering if I have to define the format of how the image is saved.

Can anybody help.

Also is there a convenient way to compress an image. I have tried compress in mysql
    but I'm wondering if there is a scriptcase command. Images are taking too long to download.

Thanks,

Maurice

Comment

[quote author=mroche link=topic=1053.msg6010#msg6010 date=1285267926]
      Using mysql to update a picture field in a form (from database file) I get a message.

Undefined variable: sKeepImage

(This is not a variable I have entered).

This only appears if I try to change the image on the form. If I do not change the image
      it updates normally. So I'm wondering if I have to define the format of how the image is saved.

Can anybody help.

Also is there a convenient way to compress an image. I have tried compress in mysql
      but I'm wondering if there is a scriptcase command. Images are taking too long to download.

Thanks,

Maurice

[/quote]

We have in our brazilian forum a code that one customer made to resize an image after the upload. Later i'll translate and post on example code.

Comment

can you post code for resize image?

Comment

what is creating the sKeepImage error? I am retrieving an image from MySQL in a form and whenever I save any changes the ERROR Undefined variable: sKeepImage appears. When the form reloads the correct image appears. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
            Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Originally posted by diogo View Post

We have in our brazilian forum a code that one customer made to resize an image after the upload. Later i'll translate and post on example code.
              [/quote]

Can you do it please or even give us the link to this?
              I can try to use Google Translate.
              Using Ubuntu Linux 13.04 and SC Professional MySQL 7.1.last
              We need: good and complete documentation written in proper English

Comment

Originally posted by diogo View Post
                Does anyone have the SC specific code to resize images like quoted?

Comment

http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopyresized.php ? Not really specific just a standard function.

Comment

Working...
                  X