Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to achieve an absolute tab in an e-mail message?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieve an absolute tab in an e-mail message?

Hi,

I started a month ago with Scriptcase. One issue I can hardly solve: An absolute tab instead of " = ".
    A button in PHP code runs in a grid for selected entries to confirm by e-mail.

Does a way to handle exist yet? Maybe a HTML part of coding? Any experience in this area would help.

The message, of type HTML, starts like this:
    $mail_message = {lang_Global_fld_ShowName}." = ".$ShowName."<br>";
    $mail_message = $mail_message.{lang_Global_fld_ShowLocation}." = ".$ShowLocation."<br>";
    $mail_message = $mail_message.{lang_Global_fld_ShowAddress}." = ".$ShowAddress."<br>";
    $mail_message = $mail_message.{lang_Global_fld_Organization}." = ".$Organization."<br>";
    $mail_message = $mail_message.{lang_Global_fld_Website}." = ".$Website."<br><br>";

Note: The following code to combine lines happened to be unstable:
    $mail_message .= {lang_Global_fld_ShowLocation}." = ".$ShowLocation."<br>";
    For some lines the breaks in the output missed. Later on I could not reproduce.
    Maybe it happened because of message type text and the other instructions for carriage return.

Regards

Jan Willem

HTML for the e-mail message in Scriptcase responds to the style with a new line

Hi,

This is how far I get. Looks to me like a bug.
    The result is a new line instead of continuing at the same line.

$mail_message = '<head>These are the details of your entry:<br><br>';
    $mail_message .= '<style type="text/css">div {position: absolute;left: 20em;}</style>'; // a satisfying position cannot be tested
    $mail_message .= '</head>';
    $mail_message .= '<body>';
    $mail_message .= {lang_Global_fld_ShowName} . '<div>'.$ShowName . '</div><br>';
    $mail_message .= '</body>';

// old line: $mail_message .= {lang_Global_fld_ShowName} . ' = ' . $ShowName . '<br>';

Testresult:

These are the details of your entry:

Show Name
    the name

Regards

Jan Willem

Comment

Working...
    X