Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really disappointed with Scriptcase Support

Dear Scriptcase Team,

I am with Scriptcase for quiet some time and I do like most things that come with Scriptcase. Just one thing really xxxxxx me off. The way your support staff handles tickets. Once and a while ticket is answered by someone who really knows his Scriptcase+PHP and ticket is solved with 2 sentences, while others just don't really read what the problem is about.

So sometimes it takes 24h for an answer and then u get an answer like "please always add log file"...then it takes another 24h and I still get some custom answer which shows that support didn't take a closer look at the problem.

Most of the time I can't reach anybody with live chat and if, then it is sometimes hard to explain what the problem is about. I understand that it is hard to get what customers talk about sometimes, but then you should use something like "Join Me" to have a closer look at the problem.

After all I payed for support and all I am asking for is a hint on how to solve my problem...
    Last edited by poltergeist; 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM.

I must admit that I have similar feelings now-and-then. It's not that I can say that SC support is not willing to, but I notice problems in understanding the problem and reading the issue(s) right. That can be due to the fact that English is not the native language and the question is simply misunderstood. But in fact that's not a problem of the customer. General spoken I would recommend posting the issue on the public forum too. We can all have a look. But formal support should be ok, as it is a payed service, i agree.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

This might help: https://join.me/

Comment

There are loads of remote desktop solutions, I guess you mean that? That's up to Scriptcase of course. I still recommend you publish your issues here too, but you might have done that. Which post are your refering too?
        Albert Drent

Comment

@aducom
          the little things are the ones that bug me...and trying to get a solution is like running around a tree...in forum they tell u to buy support, in live chat they tell u to open a ticket and a ticket is being forwarded from one support member to another...I am not saying they don't care at all, but it is really hard to communicate with support and it takes days to get good solutions. I would try to fetch solutions from Forum, but answers are very limited in Forum.

[OFF TOPIC]

1. I have a Grid Linked to a Form in Iframe...now I want to display Quick Search field but hide the Search button. I have disabled the Search button with Toolbar in Grid and Form, but I can't get rid of it. I am want my users to be able to use the Quick Search on same page only.

2. With Form I have some code OnAfterInsert...at certain points I need to stop code flow, show error message and reload both (Grid+Form). I managed to do this now with:
          Code:
          // CSV VALIDATION: exit
          sc_error_message("ERROR");
          sc_error_exit();
          This is the only way I can force a page refresh with Grid+Form and stop the code flow with my Form. Since the code is performed with my Form I get the Error Message in Iframe, but without any styling. Also Message only stays 1 sec before page reloads.

3. My File Upload Field has a wrong align with text "Delete this record". The check box and loading icon during upload have wrong align as well. Futhermore an Upload Field in Editable Grid will, as soon as I pick a file for upload, expand in a way that Grid column layout looks messed up. CSV upload has no icon...there should be a .txt file icon with it.

4. When I pick a file for upload, browser window needs to load or refresh like 5sec before I can hit the "ADD" button. This sometimes causes user problems, because they choose the file and want to hit the upload button right away. I can hit the upload button, even though I have not picked a file for upload...of course this throws some nasty error again.

5. Whenever my application throws some app error, I can't look for the line number that causes the error.

And last but not least: Buttons and IFrame are a bit annoying with Scriptcase...

[/OFF TOPIC]

I guess I am the bully now but I still like Scriptcase best compared to other tools
          Last edited by poltergeist; 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

As I said, if you pay support you might expect it to be well. I too have similar experiences and there's a lot to improve on this subject. I've had long discussions about this with one of the SC employees. The problem is known and worked about, but that doesn't mean that it isn't annoying when it happens to you (and me). I have created a flash movie once regarding an issue I couldn't get described well enough... but it helped.

off topic?

1. You mean the glass image? AFAIK this is a part of the search field. The search button in the Toolbar is the physical button on the toolbar which is something else I'm affraid.

2. Don't know if it helps but what you might help is to create a control app with a 'return' button on it and the errormessage field. When an error appears you fill a global variable with the message and a global variable with a return url. Then you jump to the error control page (sc_redir), show the error. As soon the user hits 'return' you jump back.

3. Looks like a bug to me.
            4. Haven't noticed that but this is also a bug.

I suggest you report this on the bug forum.

And last but not least: Buttons and IFrame are a bit annoying with Scriptcase...
            Yes, every tool has it's pros and cons. SC is a case tool so you might expect that you need to be creative now and then. That's no excuse for bad support or errors, but there simply are some limitations. I managed to work around them, but not always on the way I would like to have it. But that's life.

By the way, don't let my url fool you, I'm not an employee of SC, but starting up an independent user community forum in EU.

albert
            Albert Drent

Comment

This thread is being monitored. This feedback will reach the Support Managers and above.

Your feedbacks are really important for us to improve our customer service, none of them are ignored. Thank you.
              http://www.frameworkphp.net/php/wp-c.../11/Ubarsc.jpg

Comment

Unlike other companies, where such a thread would be closed or deleted, this kind of answer is really appreciated by your customers.

PS: More input in restricted forum post (code samples, hints etc.), visible for paying customers only, could help searching for answers. This way your ticket system could be balanced and would be used when customers have urgent issues.
                Last edited by poltergeist; 11-10-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I agree, seeing what others have done would help,
                  But support needs to be worked.
                  I put in a ticket the other day asking about the session timeout,
                  Because it defaults to 30 minutes, I wanted to change it to 90 minutes and just wanted to know what file I have to deploy
                  And after 3 emails stating that he didnt understand, I had to screenshot the settings screen.

Then he replied does this solve your issue!!

Pulled hair out

Comment

If you sell support tickets then you need to take care that it is worth the value. Otherwise people can enter this forum and don't need to buy separate support.
                    Currently I'm starting up an independent Scriptcase user forum to create a well maintained user community. Hope to collect a lot of helpful hints, answers and others. The site is fully under development, ideas, hints, ideas are very welcome.
                    Albert Drent

Comment

As I already communicated with Scriptcase Team...a restricted forum area that is maintained and answered by support team + developers where I can find code samples, hints, screenshots and just catch on to how other SC users do it etc.
                      Last edited by poltergeist; 11-09-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I think that code samples etc. should be public. SC is a commercial product, it's not very wise to hide this behind a customer logon imho. That won't attract new customers. I for instance bought the product because of this info on the site. It allowed me to see how things worked, what possibilities there are etc. This forum is monitored and answered by SC. The tickets are for the need to get difficulties solved which can't wait for this forum to get answered. In other words for issues which need priority support. Therefore I think that the support emplyee should be fully understanding SC in every aspect, and they need to be able to communicate in English too. Some simply don't do that well enough causing answers to unasked questions, request for 'elaborate' on obvious questions etc. SC is the best product in it's field. If support can keep up with the quality of the product it would be unbeatable.
                        Last edited by aducom; 11-09-2012, 03:30 PM.
                        Albert Drent

Comment

I suggest that part of the php code that is now zend byte code to be normal php. This way we can fix bugs ourselves and send fixes to the forum/developers. I guess many of us can fix minor bugs pretty fast.

Comment

I can't see SC do that and I don't blame them...why should they publish code they worked so hard for? Anyhow...there should be a seperate core team delivering solutions solving minor bugs so they get fixed fast. Main core team could go on implementing new features.

Comment

Last edited by poltergeist; 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X