Database Connection Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Connection Issues

A couple of weeks ago, I deployed a grid, it worked. But now, I get a message that says, "The database connection was not found, contact the system administrator. Connection: conn_mysql" when I access the URL it's located at.

I don't get it. It's been working for 2 weeks, then suddenly comes up with this. I think I similar thing happened to me a month or so ago.

Why is this?

have you uploaded the full story perhaps? Then the db settings are overwritten and you need to redeclare your connection in the admin (_lib) section.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Sorry, what do you mean? I deployed it via ZIP file (both check boxes were ticked), put the files on the server, it was working, now it's not. In fact, I have 2 different grids which I fully deployed (both check boxes ticked) and both are not working now, where as they were both working for a couple of weeks after I deployed them.

Comment

By any chance do you have 2 projects deployed on the same server with two databases?
        There is a bug, that if you go to one application, and then go to another application on the same server, within the same browser session.
        you will get that error.

I have a workaround but it is incredibly stupid, but I have to do what I have to do.
        When you run an company intranet and have multiple applications and multiple databases you have to make things work.

If this is the case let me know if you want to know what I had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdriscoll View Post
          By any chance do you have 2 projects deployed on the same server with two databases?
          There is a bug, that if you go to one application, and then go to another application on the same server, within the same browser session.
          you will get that error.

I have a workaround but it is incredibly stupid, but I have to do what I have to do.
          When you run an company intranet and have multiple applications and multiple databases you have to make things work.

If this is the case let me know if you want to know what I had to do.
          Yes it is, but I'm only using the same database for the grid project and the admin grid project. Both of these applications have had to be deployed as full applications with all the _lib files included for each one because it doesn't work how it's meant to according to this site. I'm only meant to deploy ALL the ZIP files (tick both check boxes) once, then I should be able to create applications quickly without having to fully deploy them each time (takes ages...).

I'd appreciate if you let me know what the work around is for this though...

Thanks.

Comment

Well Here is what I have to do...
            Stupid as it is...

1) For every Project I create, I have to create all the database connections withion that project.

So..
            If I have 10 projects running on a server that are in separate databases, I have to create the connections in each project for all the others...
            If I create a new project, then I have to add that connection to all the other projects.

STUPID but only way I could get the error to go away.

And by the way... This isnt a bug to SC
            Kevin

Comment

Hello guys,

Please contact our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
              Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Yea I submitted a ticket back in November 13th on this issue in support.
                Response:
                Mr. Driscoll, good afternoon.

As we tested, the use of two publications in the same browser not returns the error reported. So maybe the problem is on the server, I ask you to contact the administrator of your server to see if there is something wrong there.

Comment

Just FYI this is still an issue in SC8

Comment

Just FYI this is still an issue in SC8
                    Thanks for the info Kdriscoll...it works

Comment

Working...
                    X