Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best procedure on a Win7 PC to stop a runaway SC situation

Hi everyone,
    This is not a critical item, but a couple times this has happened to me and I am not sure if there is a good procedure for correcting.

I have created bad SQL selects in the past , that have caused my whole SC app and IDE to just spin and lock up. This is an app running in the local test environment on my PC - stock SC installation on a Win7 PC.

Once this happens there is no way that I know to stop the process, or at least I have never been able to figure out how to tell what process to die. My only recourse has been to do a PC restart, let everyting spin back up, and then start SC. Usually it takes a minute or so , then comes up with a message about killing another copy of SC (I only have 1 license of course). I do that, then I am back working again.

Of course, if you are not smart enough (me) to fix the SQL code the first time, it is repeat the whole restart ;-)

Does anyone know what could be done from task manager to restart the processes involved, or is this just something I have to do? Again, it only happens when I have made a blunder, but it is annoying...
    Thanks,
    Jamie

If the site is non responsive you can restart apache and/or mysql. Both app's you will find in the services menu. Just selectd apache and/or mysql and click restart. You'll find services in the control panel.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Also make sure that your RDBMS can't use all pc memory available. For instance, you can configure SQL Server to only use 1GB of our memory.

regards,
      Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Working...
      X