SC7 site made to look more traditional

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC7 site made to look more traditional

I am back into SC now, but still trying to understand if a more traditional looking website can be built. Then as needed Grids, Forms, etc in SC could be used, but the main site needs to look more like a traditional website.

I believe SC thinks this can be done, but I have never seen any examples.

Does anyone have any example, and can explain how they created it?

Thanks

What do you see as more traditional? No ajax, no popups, or do you want to insert SC at places within your own php and just call SC? I advise you to avoid that. SC is depending on it's own php user and $session stack. You can start SC actions as you can add the parms into the url but if you have user access then it will be a burdon. If you don't have user stuff then you can simply start the app by redir in your own php to the sc application and but the parameters in the url. They are accessible as in any php program.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I basically was wanting to take the SC7 site and create some html or something so the home page would look more like a normal website, and then maybe have other SC7 pages thru an iframe or something be used.

JScriptCase does what I'm wanting to do in Joomla, but I am not using Joomla.

Comment

I don't use joomla but E107 and made a plugin to do just that. But I'm passing the E107 data to the main SC application using url and then they are stored to be used as global variables. This way I run my scriptcase application within an IFrame but it is controlled by E107 (only initially). I have created a template for this so that the sc application is not using special headers or footers. It works w.o. problems so you might to want to use this. Disadvantage is that the IFrame size is declared in pixels, not in %.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Albert,
          I would be very interested to see a website that you have created that uses this technique, or even some screenshots, and then maybe I could talk to you more about it if I would like to pursue it.

I very much like SC, so I would love to use it for more websites that I currently can.

Thanks for any advice or help you are willing and have time to give.

Comment

Working...
          X