Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinda Urgent - How to pass in a parameter to the index.php or initial app?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda Urgent - How to pass in a parameter to the index.php or initial app?

Hi. I tried to post this question earlier, but I think I made it too confusing. Here is my essential question:

I need to pass a parameter in the URL, to get picked up and used by my initial app. So I want to allow the user to do this:

www.mydomainname.com?teamid=123

I have a SC app called listplayers, so I want that app to get the teamid parameter. The problem is, if the user links to my system using the above, the paranter gets dropped when SC does the automatic redir to my initial app.

If I call it directly, as in http://www.mydomainname.com/listplay...hp/?teamid=123 it works.

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Jamie

Your first url cannot work because there's no php attached to it. What should the webserver do? It reads a request to some index.htm or index.php depending on it's configuration. But it will ignore parameters if you are not specific. That's why the second situation works. So if you want to use a short url you need to create a small php script and put that into the index and then call your app. So you can allow www.mydomain.com/index.php?123
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
    X