Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give us links to web database sites made with scriptcase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give us links to web database sites made with scriptcase?

Sites links made with Scriptcase?

Originally posted by aurelv View Post
    Sites links made with Scriptcase?
    We have several. Only issue is that you will not pass the login and cannot give you access. Nothing special on a loginform ;-)

I think your question is more regarding possibilities to bring apps into a live situation. We don't have any issues with that.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Only issue is that you will not pass the login and cannot give you access.
      Let me try ... ;-)
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Only if I can do yours ;-)
        Albert Drent

Comment

There are no public site made ​​with Scriptcase?

Comment

we have a public application form for a school check out here
            http://my.skvschools.org/form_applic...plications.php

Comment

Well, most applications simply require logon's. But we have a small part open too on:
              http://ouderkracht.nl/okcms/e107_plu...rap/wrap.php?1

embedded in E107. We are also creating more SC application with our Scriptcase support pages. But it's simply not ready to reveil.
              Albert Drent

Comment

An example site

Hi Aurelv,
                I too am running two different SC-based systems, over 350 apps make them up - but they too are behind logins. I am attaching a screen grab to show what is possible in SC (I am still on V6).

I also run a Wordpress site for my public visitor-only part of my system - the marketing mostly. SC could be used to build a Content Management System (CMS) website , there is no doubt. I have done some tests in that area, but for me, it was easier and faster to just use Wordpress. I may also embed some SC generated content in that same site, when I get around to it.

My advice is that if you need to have a highly customized database, with grids (tables), forms, charts, and customized code (using the blank and control apps), then SC is a good bet. I use mysql. If you just need a website-looking site, with no real DB customization, then an open source thing like Wordpress, or the E107 that Albert uses, is better. You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Another consideration is if you will also need a login system to have a restricted backend site... that is where SC shines in my opinion. Yes, you can protect parts of a Wordpress site behind logins, and customize a widget or page template, but then you are a more or less hacking. In SC you have a development system, with lots of cool app types to start with. Almost everything can be customized, either thru settings or with PHP code. Most things have events, which you can sue to put your code in. Blank apps and controls are pretty much wide-open to customizing with your business logic.

If you use SC, you should NEVER have to hack any of the generated PHP code. I never do. I look at it sometimes, but I always figure out a way to do my changes and code correctly, in the SC development environment. That way, I can generate my latest version of my systems, and deploy, and have a clean version. It actually is pretty cool to use... my only problem is the bugs in the newer versions that are released. That is why I am very cautious about upgrading. This forum is a pretty good, with users trying to help each other out. SC seems to be a living, updated code-base... although again, you have to tread carefully around release bugs.

Those are my honest experiences as a user

Peace,
                Jamie
                Attached Files
                Last edited by onmountain; 08-28-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

i have a demo in demo8.mozit.com.ar (Spanish)

Comment

Itīs not mine: http://guppycarioca.com.br/

Comment

Working...
                    X