Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a complex PDF report containing a header (text, fields, ..) and a grid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a complex PDF report containing a header (text, fields, ..) and a grid?

How to create a complex PDF report containing a header (text, fields, ..) and a grid, like an invoice but with a grid?

Hi Aurelv
    After alot of playing with the pdf creator this is the best way I have found to use it.
    The easiest way is to define the fields/data that you want within the pdf, add image/logo and such which you can then move/position. For new text say titles and such I add new fields within the editor, is cleaner than using an image I have found.
    By adding new fields within the editor you will also be able to use the scriptcase language variables if multilanguage, again much better than using an image as you would be stuck with the language used for the image.
    For grids lines and so on u will need to create a jpeg image and set that as your background for the pdf file.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks jamieO.
      Scriptcase PDF reports looks ugly and simplest and do not think you can make complex reports.
      Scriptcase seemed to be a good product. But ...
      Last edited by aurelv; 09-03-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aurelv View Post
        Thanks jamieO.
        Scriptcase PDF reports looks ugly and simplest and do not think you can make complex reports.
        Scriptcase seemed to be a good product. But ...
        PDF Reports (as Scriptcase app), is for simple tasks/reports. But you can do whathever you want in code (coding using TCPDF). Yes, is not the most comfortable and sometimes is very annoying, but I don't agree about you can't do complex reports.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
        X