Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamweaver editing PHP files

Dear all,

After the deployment of the project/application it generates some PHP files. These files I would like to edit in Dreamweaver to give my own look & feel to it.
    Despite my efforts till so far I could not view the files as WYSIWYG.

I am wondering, does anyone experience with editing PHP files from scriptcase in Dreamweaver?

If yes I would like to know how

Best regards,
    Eric

What do you mean, that you can look at the form and redesign it? Or that you can't edit some php files as they are pre-compiled? I don't know of DW, but in PHPEd I can simply edit the php I need and debug. But forms are a different issue. Are you sure you want to be able to change things from the 'outside'? You will lose all this info on every new generate...
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Exactly, the first. I am aware of that I loose the design after each new generation. I contacted SC support and they told me that I can import an HTML file. Although when I try to set this design as default for the entire application I can only choose for Footer and Header. I do believe that their customers Mercedes, Alcatel, Yamaha adjust the files according to their company style, so assuming there must be way to modify the files.

What is you experience with this process Albert?

Comment

I made a template style (theme and menu) according to the house-style of the university I work for. It was not too complicated in my case and all our applications are using same theme. I never tried to edit the forms. We did alterations to some php code though because the upload had a lot of problems and we needed to have it working. To prevent alterations we set the files to read-only on the server so new generations do not interfere to our modified app's.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

The theme and menu you created in ScriptCase itself? Well, it certainly has a few standard design features.

Comment

Working...
          X