Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Merge with WORD or WRITE

Hi all,

I would like to know if anybody has had an experience with SC and printing on Word template or Write template.
    I have to face this problem in very next future and I would like to share your experience first in order to avoid the .... usual bloody bath !
    If you would have a sample to share it would be great
    Bye

That's an issue whatever tool/language you use. To generate a word document I tend to use a rtf and use a rtf as template. As it is a text document it's easy to replace variables to other text. In current docx and xml notation you can achieve similar things. Printing .doc(x) files directly from html is not possible. If the browser is configured right it will open Word and then let the user print the text.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hi Albert,
      sorry but it's not so easy for me.
      Imagine I have a word template with 4 variable fields.
      From SC I would like call Word.exe and then give in some way parameters/variables requested or a kind of select where to find them in the right order.
      Lot of application do that but I've no idea where to start here.
      Thanks

Comment

You can use this tool is free and very good. http://www.tinybutstrong.com/

Comment

Ehi Alvagar that's a very nice link !
          I would like to study it and understand how it can be used within SC.
          Do you think that is possible to use it also to substitute PDF reporting module that for complex reporting like invoices, quoting , purchase order and so on has so big limits.
          Do you gently have some screenshot from SC to understand how call this tool ?
          Many thanks

Comment

Yes, it can substitute report PDFs I always use it. it is easy for use. You just must download library from TBS and saves to your library SC. and can begin to use it.
            You can see examples with php in web page. http://www.tinybutstrong.com/examples.php

Comment

Thanks again,
              but for a not programmer it's quite an hard job.
              Where, for istance, I have to save the library in SC ? Is it a particular directory under \scriptcase\ directory to add or something else.. ??

Comment

Originally posted by giovannino View Post
                I would like to know if anybody has had an experience with SC and printing on Word template or Write template.
                Ask user "Pfeiffer". He printed only with word ...
                Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

we use scriptcase to Jasper ; jasper allows you to format in pdf, excel or word

raj

Comment

http://phpword.codeplex.com/ that should suffice I guess. It isnt printing but it is for making your own word docs.. costs? nada!

Comment

Hi all,
                      I've founded this php class called phpmswordparser : http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmswordparser/wiki/Home/
                      It seems very light and easy to apply but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I'm not able to evaluate it.
                      Is there somebody that being a tech guy can help me and suggest what to do in SC to implement it .
                      Many thanks indeed
                      Giovanni

Comment

Hi rr,
                        just to start to test it where I have to copy PHPWord folder and PHPWord.php file
                        For istance I have to create a new dir under /components or under wwwroot/scriptcase ?
                        Sorry for my stupid question but for a not programmer nothing is so easy to implement.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi Alvagar,
                          I've just uploaded into SC library both files tbs_class.php and tbs_plugin_opentbs.php.
                          Now I don't know how to proceed.
                          Have you got gently a short sample to send me in order to have something to start from ?
                          Your help will be very appreciated.
                          Thanks

Comment

Examples of phpword are easy to find: http://phpword.codeplex.com/documentation the examples are on the same website

Comment

Hi rr,
                              be patient a little bit... but I'm not a technic dev... but I would try to implement it.
                              They say "Copy the source files to your webserver" but for me is not so easy.

Which is the right folder of Scriptcase where to copy the "PHPWord" folder ? Under my project folders ??
                              Where I have to copy "PHPWord.php" file ?
                              I have to upload it also as library within SC ?

What I have to modify here down ?

/** PHPWORD_BASE_PATH */
                              if(!defined('PHPWORD_BASE_PATH')) {
                              define('PHPWORD_BASE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');
                              require PHPWORD_BASE_PATH . 'PHPWord/Autoloader.php';
                              PHPWord_Autoloader::Register();

Comment

Working...
                              X