Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change user/ administrator user for a project - getting permission errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change user/ administrator user for a project - getting permission errors

Hi. I have some projects I created originally on a different machine, and when I installed SC v6 on a new box, I changed my default user name from admin to something else. I did not have any problems for about a week, but then today I tried to increment. I got a message saying I did not have permissions! I see when I do a list of the projects, I see my old admin name under the administrator fields. One project actually has both names listed.

What can I do?
    I can't get into the project properties. Is there an ownership changer?

When I migrate to V7.1 how do I handle this?

Jamie

It might need a little fiddling but first you need to save your database. You'll find it here: <disk> \Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v7\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\conf\scr iptcase\nm_scriptcase.db
    Then open it with a sqlite editor. I.e. SQLite Expert personal. Then you will find the ownerships in the field attr2 in the table sc_tbprj. Now keep in mind that this hacking has serious risks so do create a backup of your database file first! If you mess up you might destroy everything. This is not an official SC reaction, I've been strugling in the past with inconsistencies and managed to solve it by hacking the db. But it does have it risks and I'm not sure if you need to fiddle in other tables.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
    X