Cannot check for Version Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot check for Version Updates

When I select the Check Version item on the Help Menu, I receive the following message -

The requested service is inaccessible. It might be temporarily down. Verify your Internet connection.

This has been happening for at least 12 hours - can the Scriptcase server be down for that long? No problems with my internet connection at either work or home.

Ian

Hello Ian,

Your server is having difficulty to reach our update server. Are you working with IIS, Apache? Under which OS?

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

New purchaser here so not totally skilled in Scriptcase at this stage - I thought it might have been at their end and not mine hence my question. It was working fine and only appears to have stopped since last Friday.

According to the Diagnosis form, it is Windows Vista Business with Apache (not using IIS). The rest of the software appears to be OK as far as I know - just the Version Update check.

Could it also be a firewall issue?

Thanks, Ian

Comment

Hello Ian,

Yeah, it could be caused due to a firewall issue. Or it could be also that when you tried to update, our server was temporarily offline.

Another alternative is to manually update your SC. You can see how to seeing this explanation: http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...ll=1#post17762

regards,
        Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

This has been the issue for over 48 hours now so I do not think it is a temporary server offline issue.

Just to make sure I tried using both Chrome and Firefox browsers so not specific to them. Leaning towards the firewall perhaps - what exceptions should I have open to allow Scriptcase to communicate (I am using Windows Firewall)?

Just to confirm, this is a recent issue - everything was fine last week. Recent updates should have no effect as far as I can tell (reinstalled Firefox, upgraded HeidiSQL, upgraded iTunes).

Ian

Comment

Afaik, if you use windows firewall you can set the wall open for an application. Doesn't need a port then? But it's easy to test if it's a firewall issue, just disable it for a few minutes and test if the update does work.
            Albert Drent
            aducom software netherlands
            scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
            www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I have the same problem since yesterday up today. I've updated previously many times without any problem..

Comment

I can verify that the issue is valid. I too get the 'The requested service is inaccessible. It might be temporarily down. Verify your Internet connection.' error message. I get it on all my instances, so it needs to be a SC issue. It's 6 O clock in the morning in Brazil so I guess there on one ear, but I reported it to my channels.
                Last edited by aducom; 11-05-2013, 06:10 AM.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I'm also getting the same problem in Win7, Server is Apache.

Comment

Glad to know it was not just me.

Comment

I have the same error. It is not possible to update !

Comment

Problem explained?

http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...onment-PHP-5-4

Comment

In case you have not seen it, the Version Update checker now works and a new version is available for download.

Ian

Comment

What is wrong with NM server ? It is not a first time I see this message
                            I have the same problem, and it is obviously not a firewall.

Arthur
                            -----------------------------------------
                            Arthur Klisiewicz
                            dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                            www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

same problem SC7.1

and I'm really very frustrated about it :-(
                              as I need to update NOW NOW NOW NOOOOW !!!!!
                              -----------------------------------------
                              Arthur Klisiewicz
                              dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                              www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
                              X