Windows 7 Scriptcase Development Tuning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Scriptcase Development Tuning

I'm running Scriptcase 7.1 on a Windows 7 system. Almost every function in development runs slowly or hangs. I'm constantly having to re select or close Scriptcase and restart it. I thought it might be the system, but there is very little resource being used. I'm using the default Apache.Scriptcase7. Should I load the full version of Apache? I'm also using MySQL 5.1.57-community.

I realy don't know what the problem is. I've been running on W7 and currently under W8 without these problems. Did you install with administrator rights? Reinstall might be an option.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

It was installed with administrator rights so that's not it. Could be something on the system. I've had lots of MS development tools on this system over the past few years.

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      I realy don't know what the problem is. I've been running on W7 and currently under W8 without these problems. Did you install with administrator rights? Reinstall might be an option.

Comment

Well the response on the system can vary for some reason. I have IIS, Apache in four versions, The Rad studio (Delphi/c++) environment etc. etc. Sometimes SC is very fast, sometimes I need to wait a long time. But I have kids working over my network (skype, games, 'school'). But the server is only running my apps so I wonder what reason there might be. But SC is creating several apache processes and sometimes these are not properly shut down causing the system memory to be drained. If your system is running on low memory then it will take more time. I'm useually able to restore the performance by booting my server. It's on 24x7. Don't know if this is your issue too of course. But it might help if you look at your apache threads. Personally I would recommend SC to use a more low profile webserver like Nginx. They perform much better and don't use a thread for each and every access.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I switched from Chrome to Firefox and there was some improvement. It's at least good enough to get something done.

Comment

Working...
          X