SC& and browsers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC& and browsers

I wonder if anybody has success running SC7 in Google Chrome. This is a first time I tried and on my PC it is a total disaster! Not usre is it a browser od SC problem, but basically whenever I move around I get problems, problems, and more problems...

Firefox seems to have much less issues, but I get lots of problems witch caching.
    IE? well - it really sucks - but haven't tried it with SC

the bottom line question is:

WHICH BROWSER in your opinion is the most reliable to develop with SC ?

Arthur
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Tried with both IE and Firefox on Win7. Firefox seems to me to be the most stable.
    (Tried the demo install on a MAC (Lion-Safari) and seemed to work better than IE. Bit disappointed I cannot install on my PC and on my MAC (using only one at a time) without having to request recurring serial number changes...

Comment

I am using SC7 with Google Chrome and no problems. Actually I haven't tried any other browsers with SC.

Comment

Our applications need to run on a lot of platforms including tablets on IOS and Android. We have a lot of trouble to get this right on .... IPad. The reason is that you cannot use modal forms as they will be transparent sometimes and you can read through them to the layer below), IFrames are handled with a bug preventing the form to be scrolled (no scroll bars). Then you might find that your buttons are outside the Frame and cannot be reached. A (*very*) old bug in Safari, documented years ago and not fixed (hey where do I find that issue more ;-) So I guess that every browser has it's issue and you need to work around them if you want your application to run (almost) everywhere.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
          Our applications need to run on a lot of platforms including tablets on IOS and Android.
          This is not the question ... .

I'am work with Google Chrome for SC development / test. The production systems use all browsers, partially with small differences (in FF for example i can't confirm my login dialog with return, in IE oder Chrome no problem).
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

You're right (again). We do all our development in Firefox. Never had a reason to change that.
            Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
              We do all our development in Firefox.
              When you make a control app, can you confirm this dialog in FF with return key?

Comment

Hi Reinhard,
                I do make use of control applications, i.e. for login and displaying my own calendar. But I'm not sure I understand what you want me to try.
                Albert Drent

Comment

Hi Albert,

in your control app (example: login) you have two textfields loginname, password and an button ok/login. Can you confirm this dialog with return/enter key after input loginname/password? Or do you need a mouse click?

In my app with IE, Chrome i can use the enter key, with FF i need a mouse click.

Comment

If I have entered my credentials I can use <enter> to login, don't need to use the mouseclick.
                    Albert Drent

Comment

Perhaps NetMake should decide which major browser they will support and stick to that one. I mean in sense of testing and giving a guarantee that things will work. I have a feeling that Ffox has some caching issues with SC and many times certain things and changes in SC are not reflected in the browser. This drives me nuts, and in many cases simply prevents from work. Last 2 days I tried to run SC in CHROME and it way much worse. Haven't tried IE or SAFARI, OPERA.
                      Anyway I'm am under the impression that SC has some serious issues witch caching in all browsers. There is a Cache setting in SC. I disabled it completely but it seems like it is still working. Any ideas how can I make sure it is turned off ?

Arthur
                      -----------------------------------------
                      Arthur Klisiewicz
                      dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                      www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

I assure you that I have *very* little issues while developing with SC. And the caching issues are not unique to scriptcase, but most webdev kits have this problem. We are working with PeopleSoft (from Oracle) which is the sqaire of these problems here. What's needed is that browsers can function w.o. caching at all, i.e. by using some metadata. I do have problems occasional, but not of your magnitude.
                        Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                        X