Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP 5.4 Installation Instructions potential problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5.4 Installation Instructions potential problem?

I followed these exactly but had two issues -

1. I had to request a new Scriptcase serial number as it said that mine was already used by another server (not really but a simple thing to fix and went through OK).

2. When I came to restore my backup I could not find it. So I created another and located where it was saved i.e. c:\program files\NetMake\V71\wwwroot\scriptcase\backup. However this folder was deleted automatically by the uninstall process for the previous version. Is this the correct place I should be looking for my backup?

This last issue is not an issue for me as I only had the samples installed but could potentially be a problem for another user who does not have any other recent backup copy. I hope I am incorrect but perhaps there should be another instruction issued about saving the backup in a different folder.

Ian

If you create a backup then it will become available as a download. I recommend to download the file and store them on a safe place. After all if your hard-disk fails the backups (temp files!) would be on this disk so....
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I have follow the setup instructions (lokal installation windows 7), but this is not working ...

- full backup (and download the backup file) => ok
      - deinstall sc 7.1.0009 => ok
      - install sc 7.1.0010 => ok, but with IE 10 a message appears that the php version is wrong ..., with Chrome not a problem
      - (full) restore the backup => not ok, the restore stops with message "sc_tbcmp.Campo may not be NULL", a partial restore results with a empty project ...

I can currently only warn that you perform the update ...

Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

I have restore a older backup file, but this neither ok:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_get_last_message() in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v71\wwwroot\scriptcase\prod\third\ad odb\drivers\adodb-mssql.inc.php on line 609
        This message appears at compile time ... a connection to MS SQL Servers is not working.

Comment

I hope you have a full backup available. I'm not going to repeat another post fully, but don't rely only on the downloaded backup. If possible make a backup the full sc directories.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
            I hope you have a full backup available.
            Of course ... .

I have it now running, but lost one (unimportant) app that can't restore. This app blocks the full restore action. The partial restore works, but with minor problems (you select an app, click on confirm, go return and the app is unselect ...).

Post #4 is now ok. With PHP 5.4 i must select an another client for connection to ms sql server (DBMS Type = "MSSQL Server NATIVE SRV" / install Native Client from MS). I would suggest that at compile time the connection is not checked ... That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
              Of course ... .
              I would suggest that at compile time the connection is not checked ... That makes no sense.
              I have brought this up before, Scriptcase hangs when compiling applications because it is checking the connection and should not. The compile never ends and one has to completely get out and start over. I am hoping that somebody looks into this now that somebody with "more weight" has also mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
                I have follow the setup instructions (lokal installation windows 7), but this is not working ...
                - full backup (and download the backup file) => ok
                - deinstall sc 7.1.0009 => ok
                - install sc 7.1.0010 => ok, but with IE 10 a message appears that the php version is wrong ..., with Chrome not a problem
                - (full) restore the backup => not ok, the restore stops with message "sc_tbcmp.Campo may not be NULL", a partial restore results with a empty project ...
                I can currently only warn that you perform the update ...
                There are NO instructions on how to migrate for MAC OS and LINUX operating systems only for Windows can somebody advice if the same steps are sere to take on these operating systems??????????????????

Comment

Same Problem I get error: sc_tbcmp.Campo may not be NULL. Can Support please rectify this issue.

Comment

Hello,

If you are experiencing any kind of issue to update your SC, please get in touch with our support: https://www.scriptcase.net/scriptcase-support/

regards,
                    Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Working...
                    X