NET MAKE - please fix your non-English code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NET MAKE - please fix your non-English code

I BOUGHT A PRODUCT WHICH (as described) SUPPOSED TO BE IN English, but it isn't 100% English.

SEEING AN ERROR MESSAGE LIKE THIS DOESN'T REALLY HELP IN DEVELOPMENT !!!
    WHEN YOU - NET MAKE GUYS FINALLY GET THE LANGUAGE STRAIGHTEN OUT ?
    THIS IS SO,.... SOOOO ANOYING! IT DRIVES ME NUTS

Error:
    ==============
    Id do menu nao encontrado.
    class:
    file: C:\Program Files\NetMake\v71\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\lib\php \functions.inc.php
    function: StartIncItensCoolJsMenu
    line: 2687
    topico -> [fields_filter_tit]

Art
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Why shout, and why does it drive you nuts? I can read this even without google translate. I'm not sure how long you are working with sc, but it's a Brazilian product alive for about 10 years. It's been discussed over and over again that the devs and support are bad in English, so why expect that it would be different in the source? It's not that I disagree that I would like to see the vars to have good english names, as I dive into the code too, which is not always that nice. But it's not very likely to expect that they will give issues like these high priority. The cooljs stuff does generate an error now and then. Closing scriptcase and restart and load your project useually gets rid of this (for a while at least).
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I do not really care if the software is 10 months or 10 years on the market. I paid for the software which supposed to be in English, and I do not expect other languages - PERIOD!
      I use some software from other countries (i.e. Germany). Website, docs and software is in English. When I call in they answer in English, there are no messages in German or Errors in German.
      Software is developed in Berlin but those people understand, that in order to grow their market they have to do all this in English (weather one likes it or not).

I know you are a SC reseller and in most cases you trying to defend Net Make, but please be a little more objective. There were people on this forum which are gone - just because of many limitations and lack of open mid from Net Make. When I started with SC I was thinking about becoming a reseller, but looking at those problems I really would not know what to tell my customer when they get upset about the English.

Art
      Arthur Klisiewicz
      dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Art, I find the solving of errors by far more important than this issue. It's a well known fact that the devs are Portuguese and that the language is an issue. But the error you saw should never have been there and is caused by some internal problem in the code. SC should investigate and solve that. I disagree on the defending part. I try to be as independent as possible, pay for my own licences and never have made a secret about my own annoyances. Two of my collegues here (rr/scriptfan) from the university have been reporting annoying issues here including a lot of critisism and I have been too. But the p. in the code will not likely change, so if that is driving some customers away, than it's a SC issue to see if they think they should do something about it. I'm not defending that. I simply don't see that as an issue. But customer support (not answering questions or bad answering due to language barrier) is a serious issue. That should be 100% fully in English. I'm putting a lot of my free / volunteerly / unpaid time into trying to help people. Not always succesful - you wouldn't believe what kind of pm's i get - but I am trying. I came here due to a lot of disappointments on competative products (and I have seen them (almost) all). Yes I'm a reseller and technically spoken I think that SC is the best product in it's kind. Only SC is trying to hide that by not professionalizing some important things... well actually they are trying but it's not in a speed I would like to see. I'm currently working for months to setup a beta team. The team is there, but still waiting for the licences etc. Bit off topic here. But to finalize this, it would be great if all would be in English, but I don't expect that to be happen. So...
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

I agree with you for the most part, however I believe fixing Errors is taken care of specific group of people and translations and messaging is managed by some other people, so both tasks can be performed.
          Arthur
          Arthur Klisiewicz
          dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Working...
          X