Error on opening App in SC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on opening App in SC

OMG! I have nothing but problems with SC. Last few weeks with SC is a nightmare! :-(

Trying to open a FORM App which worked previously. All of the sudden I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function MoveNext() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\NetMake\v71\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\class\i nterface\nmApplication.class.php on line 11946

restarthing browser, PC and SC doesn't help
    any ideas ?

Art
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Hi Art,
    Does the application makes use of custom php code? I.e. sc_select etc. This error useually comes up when the select returns no object due to a sql problem. Refering to it's cursor then shows this message. I can't see from here of course, but I suspect that there's some record in your database causing this issue if this has always been working right. Otherwize i would expect some code changes.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

no it is just plain form generated from the wizard

ohhh I'm so frustrated with SC recently having nothing but problems and Errors on simple things which should work, I'm almost ready to give up. It seems like it would take less time to program everything by hand (having 100% control over what am I doing).
      The forum isn't also helpful simply because there are just a few people who are active. Customer support is really rally poor. I don't know - is it only me or this is the nature of the product, but with all those Errors and problems wherever I turn to I'm almost ready to give up on SC completely. This isn't the first time the problem like this happens. When it happened last time I had to remove the App, recreate from wizard again and it worked, but how many times can one do something like that (?)

Arthur
      Arthur Klisiewicz
      dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

It isnt only you
        You should check out the generated file tho on the given line, likely you find why the error occurs. Sometimes it is due to some silly little mistake which is easily overseen.

Comment

not really, because this form was generated by the wizard (Batch App Creator), and I did nothing to the form. Absolutely nothing, so why the hell it is popping out Errors like that ?
          I cannot do anything, I cannot even check for anything because this form does not respond to anything while this error shows up in SC IDE. Basically it seems like it is corrupted or something. I know things like that happen sometimes. But this type of behavior I see 5th ot 6th time withing a month, so no one will tel me this is OK. I noticed this number of times, that certain things that work all of the sudden stop working (without any changes made to the project). I don;t know what it is, and weather it is SC or something in the browser, but definitely something is not right, and with the amount of time I spend on troubleshooting SC itself I question if it is not faster to code by hand (?). In this case I would rather opt in for my money back.
          The worst thing is that SC is so inactive on this forum, that we can barely have things answered. On the other hand they ask people to pay for the support while there are tons of bugs in a software.

OK, anyway, I have no access to any App Properties so I have to re-create it, because I see no way of fixing it.
          will see what happens....

Art
          Arthur Klisiewicz
          dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

I wish that they left some of there generation code and so non zend encrypted, then we could add some dump to file code in there and fix their bugs since they apparently seem to be doing new stuff and forgetting support.

Comment

well, when you do not have enough work-power there is always some part ob business that suffers. I can understand this up to some point. What I do not understand is certain tendency in software developers to add new and new and new features,... while old stuff isn't even working good. Those are things which make software unreliable. No programer or developer wants to work with unpredictable or unreliable software.
              My customer doesn't or wouldn't care if SC has bugs. He/she doesn't want bugs in their project - right? If so - why can't I expect the same from NetMake.

If I would have to make a choice (for my software) between:
              - adding new features
              - fixing existing bugs
              I would definitely choose the second.
              Unfortunately some vendors choose the first, because this is the way they generate a revenue, and they think that by adding new features they make the software better, while existing users struggle with bugs. Microsoft as also a good example of that (and I think is going in wrong direction with Windows). The bitter part is that those users who are dissatisfied will distribute bad messages and opinions about the software and the bad opinions travel with the speed of light (much faster than good opinions). The result ? The developer goes out of business.

I wish this would not happen to NM as it has happened to some other vendor which software I've used for few years and it was similar to SC.
              One thing that made other software different is that they used their own IDE (not the browser) so the interface was consistent and they have had an access to every line of code 100%. In case of the SC many Errors might be a result of bugs or incompatybility in web browsers, or even versions of the same browser.

Arthur
              Arthur Klisiewicz
              dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

OK, I noticed that some errors reported in SC come from the missing files. When I looked up those were the SC .php files. I have no idea how come those files disappeared. the only possible explanation is that some antivirus program could have removed it. There is of course no other person using this particular PC. I use basically 3 majo security tools (SpyBoot Search and AVG Suite). I do not recall any files (that reside in SC folder) reported by AVG as potential hazardous, but who knows,...
                This might (or might not) be an answer to my recent problems with SC and tons of errors which previously did not existed...

I just uninstalled SC7.1 and when I looked up folders I discovered that ..\v71\... folder still exists. I'm trying to remove it manually, but I'm suprised how come it did not get removed ?
                I wonder if anybody has experienced something like that ?

Arthur
                Arthur Klisiewicz
                dATA POINT SOFTWARE

Comment

Perhaps you can look which process is holding them i.e. with sysinternals. I haven't had this experience actually. But I'm happy to see that your issues are due to some kind of misinstallation. There are a lot of other issues to solve for SC.
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Next to the sysinternals tools I suggest grabbing unlocker, it can show which application is holding a lock on which files/paths/drives... Another must have utility (install in admin mode)

Comment

Working...
                    X