Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Deploy Applications - Always Unauthorised User

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cannot Deploy Applications - Always Unauthorised User

    Have successfully created and tested an application in ScriptCase. Working in dev environment.

    When deploying I am using XAMPP portable installation on Win7x64, deploy to a ZIP and extract to default htdocs folder.

    When I visit default page first time, I get to configure DB connection. DB connects no problem and I choose the app database.

    I get to login screen, enter same identical username and password used in dev environment and always displays message 'Unauthorized user'

    Checked folder permissions and all appears fine.

    Any help would be appreciated as need to deploy and now stuck! This problem has been baffling me for a while!

  • #2
    Hello,

    Your LOGIN application shouldn't have security enabled. Simply disable it (just on your login app).

    http://downloads.scriptcase.net/down...-Seguranca.htm

    regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

    Comment


    • #3
      Dear Bernhard,

      Security is disabled on the login page and in fact it displays correctly and asks for username and password. Issue seems to be with menu that would have to be displayed after logging in.

      In dev environment
      Options > My Scriptcase > Enable Use of Security UNTICKED = Application works OK

      In dev environment
      Options > My Scriptcase > Enable Use of Security TICKED = Login application is displayed, manage to login with username and password but the following application Menu is displaying UNAUTHORIZED USER and OK button

      Most of the application developed with SECURITY DISABLED from MY SCRIPTCASE.

      Any pointers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Seems I have resolved the issue as follows.

        1. Deleted app_menu and app_login together with the Security folder
        2. Recreated security

        Logs in fine and works great!!

        But as a backgrounder I already had a menu created previously called app_menu. When I came to recreating security it would not allow me since the app_menu application already existed. Renamed my app_menu to appl_menu to allow security to do its job. On completion I deleted the newly created menu and renamed my appl_menu back to app_menu.

        Performed this 'stunt' to try and maintain the menu structure I had created.

        On this note what is the recommended route and good rule of thumb for newbies like me to address security. What is recommended I do when I add new apps? Can I recreate security with an existing menu?

        What could have caused this?

        Many thanks in advance, ScriptCase!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bengrech View Post
          On this note what is the recommended route and good rule of thumb for newbies like me to address security.
          I have a security module written for my own demand which has proven so far. That was easier than getting vexed with the problems of the existing module ;-).
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

          I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

          Comment


          • #6
            RHS, have you more details about this other security module?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bengrech View Post
              Seems I have resolved the issue as follows.

              1. Deleted app_menu and app_login together with the Security folder
              2. Recreated security

              Logs in fine and works great!!

              But as a backgrounder I already had a menu created previously called app_menu. When I came to recreating security it would not allow me since the app_menu application already existed. Renamed my app_menu to appl_menu to allow security to do its job. On completion I deleted the newly created menu and renamed my appl_menu back to app_menu.

              Performed this 'stunt' to try and maintain the menu structure I had created.

              On this note what is the recommended route and good rule of thumb for newbies like me to address security. What is recommended I do when I add new apps? Can I recreate security with an existing menu?

              What could have caused this?

              Many thanks in advance, ScriptCase!
              If the issue happens again try to sync the applications under the security module.

              regards,
              Bernhard Bernsmann

              Comment


              • #8
                Many thanks Bernhard

                Originally posted by bartho View Post
                If the issue happens again try to sync the applications under the security module.

                regards,
                Bernhard Bernsmann

                Comment

                Working...
                X