Mobile Apps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Apps

Checking for any progress with mobile applications ?
    I wonder if anybody has succeed to create any kind of web form that would look acceptable on mobile phone ?

Arthur
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Look at this demo (resize your browser window and look at the table). I'm afraid that can not be converted automatically, even if the right .css would be present in SC.
    Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

It depends on the mobile phone. If the resolution is good enough then there's no real issue beside that you need to scroll down. But I would welcome a responsive design though.
      Last edited by aducom; 12-18-2013, 04:16 PM.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

THIS FIRST post was in Dec/2012.

today - is 2 (two) years later............

IF progress_on_mobile = 'NONE' THEN
        Echo "I get very upset"
        ELSE
        BuyingABeer()=1
        END IF
        -----------------------------------------
        Arthur Klisiewicz
        dATA POINT SOFTWARE
        www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

Is very neccesary SC for mobiles.

Comment

Originally posted by alvagar View Post
            Is very neccesary SC for mobiles.
            Nobody is arguing against that. But if one person is stating that four times it doesn't make much impression to SC I guess. The more people who are requesting the better. So I second that. Please implement a framework like bootstrap (my favorite).
            Albert Drent

Comment

Necroposting and spamming is not the right way to get things done IMHO

Agree with aducom
              /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions

Comment

But... this is from an email from SC I would like to share. Don't know when it will be available though.

The Scriptcase version 8 aims to be one of the best existing BI tools in the market, and also transform it's solutions developed compatible and responsive with MOBILE environments.

Some of the new features in version 8 are:
                ▪ Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
                ▪ Improved themes customization using CSS3.
                ▪ New chart selection interface.
                ▪ New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
                ▪ Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
                ▪ New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
                ▪ Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
                ▪ Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
                ▪ Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
                ▪ Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
                ▪ Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
                ▪ Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
                ▪ Updated the Code editor used in the events.
                ▪ New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.
                Albert Drent

Comment

Now the loooooooong wait?????

Hi Albert!
                  We must have ESP or something. I was just wondering if anyone had some v8 info and had actually just sent an email to Marcia at SC this am. Of course I was elated to see your post!!!! Now the wait begins

In the list you posted, I see some really really interesting possibilities, depending of course on how they actually implement them. The thing about managing the SC images sounds great, as I am always hassling over that.

I wonder if by "Form generation compatible with mobile platforms." they mean apps not just forms????? It would make my day so great if they did have something like bootstrap compatible built into the generated apps.

SC staff, this is so critically important - please follow thru on the mobile friendly. For someone who has experience with many SC generated real-world projects, the mobile is very important to me staying with SC.

To any new people out there, having gone thru several major version releases with SC, be prepared to wait for SC V8 release and then a typical buggy release. But eventually things get sorted out. We must all have patience. (Maybe I had bad 'waiting' Karma in a past life, and that is why I have bought into using SC ?!??! LOLOLOL ). It just has never been as smooth as other systems I have used. But SC does end up with good overall product.

Peace,
                  Jamie

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                  But... this is from an email from SC I would like to share. Don't know when it will be available though.

The Scriptcase version 8 aims to be one of the best existing BI tools in the market, and also transform it's solutions developed compatible and responsive with MOBILE environments.

Some of the new features in version 8 are:
                  ▪ Import MS ACCESS, Excel and CSV files into relational databases.
                  ▪ Improved themes customization using CSS3.
                  ▪ New chart selection interface.
                  ▪ New tool to manage all the images used in Scriptcase.
                  ▪ Modified interface that has a improved Menu distribution making the applications customization easier.
                  ▪ New chart application that uses drag & drop features.
                  ▪ Form generation compatible with mobile platforms.
                  ▪ Improved filter in grid applications, fully dynamic and defined by the end user.
                  ▪ Auto Complete feature in all fields on the filter automatically.
                  ▪ Added a new feature for dynamic group bys defined by the end user.
                  ▪ Modifications in the calendar application, such as printing, new themes and permission to drag the record.
                  ▪ Group By and Pivot Table creation using drag & drop by the end user.
                  ▪ Updated the Code editor used in the events.
                  ▪ New "Selection Column" option independent of the selected columns in the grid.

Comment

Yes, I don't know when things will be available but it's useually not advisable to be an early adopter. I hope we will be able as resellers to see the prerelease and look at the changes and stability. But I fear that they will just deploy and wait for the issues as useual.... I sure hope they have implemented bootstrap, but perhaps some other responsive lib. there a few good ones out there. As soon as i know more I will post of course.
                    Albert Drent

Comment

can't wait for sc v8.

Comment

Working...
                      X