Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Detail/Master insert mode...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Detail/Master insert mode...

I've created a grid/form. They work perfectly on their on. But when I put the grid in the master/detail option the grid only shows me the option to view. No insert/edit pencil. I'm wondering what i've done wrong.... Please help... this is a pita. I've done this on many other files and never had a problem. Thanks... Pappy... Btw I've clicked all of the udpate/insert options on the form.
    Skype Id: www.papsoft.com

You have a master detail from for to grid, or grid to form? Not sure what you've clicked. Sometimes I mess up a form and cannot get it working due to a lot of changes I made and then i useually redo the form from scratch as that goes pretty fast. So I recommend trying again on a low level and when it works then fill in the missing parts of your current app. If you think it's a bug post it on the bugs forum.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks Albert. What I have is a grid to form on a tab. I recreated it days ago thinking the same thing. I think its somehow getting screwed up from the master form. AND it took me forever to get it to look like it does, so I really don't want to start totally from scratch on the master form. I'm going to play around with it tonight. Funny thing is it works fine if I just use the editable grid. I even took and recreated with the batch express to do the grid/form (no changes just trying to hook it up). I would just use the editable grid if I had a small amount of fields in the record. I have way to many fields that need to be organized in a presentable manner to use the edit grid. SO if I can figure it out, I'll report on what I've done.

Thanks so much.
      Pappy

Comment

Albert: Ok so I tried building the whole thing from scratch. Built my master form, then I let the batch creation build the detail grid/browse for the child. The problem seems to lie in the calling of a form from the child grid. If I just use the grid to update, no problem. If I try and use the form to update from the child grid, it does not give me an option other than view. So to recap, I can update the child all day long with the grid, but If I switch it to use a form to update, I have no option to update. See attached..erroronchild.jpg

Thanks...
        Pappy

Comment

And another quick thing: what triggers the grid to determine whether its in view,update,insert or delete mode?

Comment

Working...
          X